Resign, why don't you!?

Resign, why don't you!?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 Jan 14

I have Q v Kt and equal pawns yet my opponent plays on. How can I politely urge him/her to resign and stop disrespecting me?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Jan 14

Originally posted by Coach David
I have Q v Kt and equal pawns yet my opponent plays on. How can I politely urge him/her to resign and stop disrespecting me?
Quit yer whining and just checkmate him already.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
02 Jan 14

As long as your opponent has a legal move he can make, he has the right to play it. As far as disrespect goes, starting a thread whining about an opponent's refusal to resign is disrespectful. I can only hope he sees this and starts moving as slowly as possible, and start sacing pieces to prolong the game. 😛

K

Moves
02 Jan 14

Coach David,
Use your time to be as efficient and as destructive as possible. Just consider it practice.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Jan 14

You are impolite and deserve full disrespect.

d

Moves
02 Jan 14

Is anyone else choking on the irony?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
02 Jan 14
1 edit

You're playing on in this position ? Game 10368925

Time to get back on the coach, David

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
02 Jan 14

Who was the Grandmaster who said: You can give up a Parcel but not a game of chess?
(Maybe original German: "Du kannst ein Postpaket aufgeben, aber keine Schachpartie."😉

e4

Moves
02 Jan 14
2 edits

Hi Coach.

The losing player always determines the right when the game will end.
At least let your opponent have that right.
He actually put up quite a show after losing for his Queen.

I knew I recognised that name.
I used one of your games in the test postions from RHP games in the re-write of [b[Mastering Chess[/b]

http://www.redhotpawn.com/blog/blogread.php?blogpostid=146

The sales BTW are going very well, Lessons 5- 9 on Opening Principles and Ideas
by Ian Harris is actually very good (not as good as my bit, but good none the less.) 🙂

Come to think of it Coach, why did you not resign? You were faced with a forced mate in two. Game 3584815 😉

batjuchin - Coach David RHP 2007

White only saw the continuation 21...Kh8 22.Ng6+ Kh7 23.Nf8+ etc etc...
so being a piece down he was happy with the draw. White missed?

FL

Moves
02 Jan 14

If I missed a mate like that I would tear up my ECF Certificate of Excellence and throw it in the bin.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
02 Jan 14

That's the kind of position chess players live for. 😞

DJ

Moves
02 Jan 14

Ouch. I'm sure I've missed a few smothered mates in my time, they're never there when I'm looking for them, hopefully now after a couple of years playing and attempting to improve my spidey senses will tingle when there's something like that on.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jan 14

Originally posted by thaughbaer
You're playing on in this position ? Game 10368925

Time to get back on the coach, David
I think the guy resigned.

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
02 Jan 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You are impolite and deserve full disrespect.
What a brilliant comment. Hope you haven't copyrighted it as I intend to store it to memory and use it like an opening trap during an argument. 😀

S

Moves
02 Jan 14

I once, and only once, did a queen sac followed by a smothered mate. Having done it once, I think I would be much better at spotting them in the future, as I am sure I will never forget that finish.