Rahim's Chess Lessons

Rahim's Chess Lessons

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
31 Jan 06
1 edit

Black just played 9...Bh6. Isn't this a blunder?
I saw ark13 use this in one of his otb games he showed me.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
31 Jan 06

Why is 12.0-0 a bad move for White?

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
31 Jan 06

After 22.Nb5 why did Black resign. What moves did white have in mind to finish of Black?

s

Moves
01 Feb 06

Rahim, would you mind if I'd go over some GM games as well and post them in this thread?

z

Moves
01 Feb 06

Originally posted by RahimK
[fen]r1bqk2r/1ppn1p1p/n2p2pb/p2Pp3/2P1P3/2NBBP2/PP2N1PP/R2QK2R w KQkq - 0 10[/fen]

Black just played 9...Bh6. Isn't this a blunder?
I saw ark13 use this in one of his otb games he showed me.
After Bxh6, Qh4+ wins back the bishop.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
02 Feb 06

Originally posted by schakuhr
Rahim, would you mind if I'd go over some GM games as well and post them in this thread?
Go right ahead. No one seems to be responding to the games I post on here.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
02 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by zebano
After Bxh6, Qh4+ wins back the bishop.
Right! But more importantly, Black gets control over the dark squares in whites camp. That is why Yasser played Qd2 so after the trade, it is White who has control of the black squares. He accepted the trade but under his conditions.

Try the other puzzles?

r

Moves
02 Feb 06
3 edits

Alright, I'm not quite sure about this, but it's worth a guess.

Yaz plays 8.f3 for three reasons.

1. It seals in black's QB as the only square it can now develop to safely is d7, which does not help black becasue white is in total control of the queenside light squares.

2. It prevents Black's Idea of ...f5 trying to generate kingside counterplay. With f3 the e pawn is adequately defended.

3.It also prevents ...Ng3 after Be3 which would lose tempo for white.

All black's attack has now been blunted as he can not attack the kingside and is struggling to control even the dark squares on the queenside.

8.Be3 allows both....Nd7 ...f5 which gives black at least soem semblance of an attack OR it loses tempo after 8 ...Ng4

r

Moves
02 Feb 06
1 edit

Okay, time for another real quickie.

12. 0-0?

Bad because after

12...cxd5
13. cxd5 Qb6
and white is either forced to trade queens, losing a developed piece for an undeveloped one and allowing black to play...O-O OR he must sacrifice the b pawn because the queen is pinned and any move to protect the pawn would lose the queen. Even Nd1 is bad because after
if
14.Nd1 Qxb6+
15.Nxb6 Nc5 threatens the bishop and free's black's bishop as well as links the rooks who can come to the open c-file or support the d-file..

I honestly have no clue if I'm even in the ballaprk here, so I hope I am.

r

Moves
02 Feb 06

[fen]r2kqr2/1p1b3p/n2Q1pp1/pNnN4/2P1P3/8/PP4PP/1B1RKR2 b - - 0 22[/fen]

After 22.Nb5 why did Black resign. What moves did white have in mind to finish of Black?
Okay, last try.

Here white would like to play Nc7, forking queen and rook, even after the exchange of knights.

Nc7 followed by a queen move also allows white to discover the rook and use it to pin the bishop and hold the king.

Black can not capture on e4+ becasue of the bishop so conveniently placed on b1.

s

Moves
02 Feb 06

Do you think this isn't appreciated what you are doing, and that noone cares about this?

T

Somewhere out there!

Moves
02 Feb 06

people will reply, you just should give them a bit more time 😉

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
02 Feb 06

Originally posted by schakuhr
Do you think this isn't appreciated what you are doing, and that noone cares about this?
I think there are like 2,3 people who do appreciate this. I'm getting very little comments about these games so what am i suppose to think. After like 3/4 days someone tried to solve the puzzles.

I recall others posting tactic puzzles and people immedietely solving them even though they were harder then the one i am posting. And there were several people solving them, like around 10 or so. Look at bowmann's chess lessons, he got lots of feedback. Maybe's cus it was just 1 puzzle and not the whole game, or maybe cus he's bowmann and you know what people think of him on this site??

cg

Seattle

Moves
02 Feb 06

I really love with what your doing...i enjoy it alot, but am curious how white won on kings gambit on your first lesson.... i didnt look over it too much but black musta messed up pretty bad somewhere along the line to lose

s

Moves
02 Feb 06

Originally posted by razor2007
Okay, last try.

Here white would like to play Nc7, forking queen and rook, even after the exchange of knights.

Nc7 followed by a queen move also allows white to discover the rook and use it to pin the bishop and hold the king.

Black can not capture on e4+ becasue of the bishop so conveniently placed on b1.
Nah... try again. White can win the queen.