Public cheating accusations don't reflect well on RHP

Public cheating accusations don't reflect well on RHP

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
09 Jan 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Fat Lady
Why would you challenge DanVM?

And come to that, what could would any online challenge game achieve? We all know that DanVM is now capable of beating anyone on this site. We differ on the way that has been achieved.

I seem to remember that you said that you knew DanVM personally and that he's quite the globe trotter - junior chess champ in Namibia, me ...[text shortened]... s for a face-to-face game? That would clear up any doubts about the source of his chess talent.
Yes I would love to clear the air. Currently I reside in Vienna, and play each Saturday at 15h00 (won the game today), mostly at Cafe Goldengel, Erdbergstr.27, 1030 Wien. Sometimes I also attend the chess theory on Thursday at 16h00. Either we meet in Vienna, or you travel to Budapest in March for the First Saturday tournament. Hoping to meet EveRyDay there, who is probably already IM level.

And I cannot beat everyone on the site, hence +500 loses and Game 6962876 - not looking to bright.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
09 Jan 10

Originally posted by DanVM
Hoping to me EveRyDay there, who probably already IM level.
good luck with that.

FL

Moves
09 Jan 10

Originally posted by DanVM
Hoping to meet EveRyDay there, who is probably already IM level.
I hadn't noticed that User 264880 was back. That's just great.

D

Moves
09 Jan 10

Don't tell me you think he's cheating too 🙁 He probably knows more about chess than most on this site, and the very accurate information about the tournament and its opponents that he gave me are clear indications that he has at least played IM level OTB.
Anyway, the more reason to come and meet face to face.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
09 Jan 10
1 edit

From what I remember, there was quite a lot of people trying to get him banned a while back. However, I believe nobody was able find high enough engine match-ups to warrant a ban. Lets stick with innocent until proven guiltly, shall we?

b

Moves
09 Jan 10

rumour has it that anyone who seems to have a higher rating than the people who keep accusing must be cheating cos obviously no one is allowed to be better than these players.

wah wah, they've got a better rating than me, cant be because they are better than me, it has to be cos they are cheating

FL

Moves
09 Jan 10

Originally posted by clandarkfire
From what I remember, there was quite a lot of people trying to get him banned a while back. However, I believe nobody was able find high enough engine match-ups to warrant a ban. Lets stick with innocent until proven guiltly, shall we?
I don't remember that. There was a thread where he claimed he could see tactics quicker than an engine and made some other really weird claims about tactics, but I think the consensus was that his meaning was lost in translation.

He used to play a ridiculous number of games at once (200+) and there was much speculation about how strong he must be if he could demolish all the strong players on this site whilst playing so many games at once.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
09 Jan 10

Personally, I never analysed his games. However, Gatecrasher, who was a mod at the time, says that no one could find engine matchups anywhere near high enough to warrant a ban.

Moves
09 Jan 10

Ok, I think this thread has exhausted its usefulness. Thread closed.