printing game boards

printing game boards

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
23 Dec 07

from tiem to time i woudl like to pring a game board, but every time i do all i get is the printed part of the screen but the images of the board it self , all of the pieces , all rows and columns are washed out.
using windows xp to print to an hp laser jet 4050 T
not very computer savy but any suggestions appreciated.

thanks

F

Moves
23 Dec 07

Originally posted by jkerrig2
from tiem to time i woudl like to pring a game board, but every time i do all i get is the printed part of the screen but the images of the board it self , all of the pieces , all rows and columns are washed out.
using windows xp to print to an hp laser jet 4050 T
not very computer savy but any suggestions appreciated.

thanks
You can allways do the PrintScreen trick and then paste it in into Word and print it from there...

Or you can find the FEN or PGN and import it into a well chosen chess program and print it from there...

j

Moves
23 Dec 07

i may have figured out your suggestion but it does not work
hit control P , got printer screen, printed to file was an option
saved file, surprised it is listed as a 64 kb file, opened file got a small page of text gibberish
tried to print file, tried a number or selections to open file, word, word perfect, windows picture manager, etc no luck

still trying to figure out how to print a game board

thanks

ec
under construction

presently mired...

Moves
23 Dec 07

Just hit the printscreen button at the top of your keyboard. This will copy whatever is on your screen to the clipboard. Open Word or whatever word processor program you use and paste it in.

r

Moves
23 Dec 07

Originally posted by jkerrig2
i may have figured out your suggestion but it does not work
hit control P , got printer screen, printed to file was an option
saved file, surprised it is listed as a 64 kb file, opened file got a small page of text gibberish
tried to print file, tried a number or selections to open file, word, word perfect, windows picture manager, etc no luck

still trying to figure out how to print a game board

thanks
yeah easiest is probably to open the "analyze board" window, hit ALT+PRNTSCRN, open Paint, Edit->Paste, then print the image from Paint.

Z

København

Moves
23 Dec 07

This site. http://www.blockposters.com/
if you want to print a large board