Playing Weaker Opponents

Playing Weaker Opponents

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
09 Mar 07

Thanks for all the replies, some very interesting thoughts.

What about playing many blitz games before a tournament? I'm thinking that this might help me improve my openings and tactics, but on the other hand, I don't want to become twitchy and superficial. Do you think playing many blitz games before a tourney is a good idea?

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
10 Mar 07

I like crackers. 😀

U

Moves
10 Mar 07

I can't find opponents weaker than me

e

Moves
12 Mar 07

lol...

i

Sydney

Moves
12 Mar 07

Originally posted by exigentsky
Thanks for all the replies, some very interesting thoughts.

What about playing many blitz games before a tournament? I'm thinking that this might help me improve my openings and tactics, but on the other hand, I don't want to become twitchy and superficial. Do you think playing many blitz games before a tourney is a good idea?
Not unless it's a blitz tournament ..

My opinion is that slower time controls help you in faster time controls so:
CC is good training for OTB, OTB is good training for blitz, blitz is good training for bullet but never the other way around. The reason for this I think is that as time controls get tighter you rely more and more on pattern recognition in the subconscious that you have developed over many games at longer time controls

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
12 Mar 07

Originally posted by zebano
Thats true for most of them. Eventually this strategy will burn you when someone does call your bluff.
I always take the sac if I don't see a forced loss. make them prove it was sound.