1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:56
    If one of your opponents declared that he is on vacation but is still making moves - what do you do if the skull appears after a while of inactivity?
    Do you click the skull or do you honor the vacation flag?
  2. Under Cover
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 06:00
    Search your feelings Luke.
  3. Standard memberKirwan
    Mel Kirwan
    Hauxton
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 06:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If one of your opponents declared that he is on vacation but is still making moves - what do you do if the skull appears after a while of inactivity?
    I have been away and said I am on holiday but found an internet cafe to play a few moves. Difficult to guarantee how often.
  4. Standard memberDerfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    Rocky Mountains
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 08:53
    Time his mark ass out.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 09:22
    Depends how interesting the game is.
  6. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 09:41
    Maybe he's on vacation playing chess.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 11:35
    Let me say like this : If my opponent doesn't honor his own vacation, why do I have to honor it?
    Else I put up my vacation sign permanently... is that fair?

Those peoples skull is there to take as fast as I see it. Others I let be.
  8. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 17:48
    Let me say like this : If my opponent doesn't honor his own vacation, why do I have to honor it?

If he's got no return date then I will time him out. If he moves during his vacation then clearly he's found temporary access. It happens often. Vacation doesn't mean you're not going to move, but may do so less often. But, it's your choice.
  9. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 02:22
    Vacations around here are a suggestion, not real vacations. RHP does not enforce vacations. Therefore, the vacationer can't be assured that opponents will not time him out even if he makes no moves during his vacation.
  10. Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 02:28
    well i got a vacation question.... my oponent set vacation, we are but 5 moves into the game, but he has blundered the opening so badly i am 100% confident I will win (if you find that game, dont comment). Is it fair then to time him out on vacation, he may have set that just to get me to not skull him....
    And how do you check his vacation length set?
  11. Earth Prime
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 02:34
    Originally posted by e4master
    well i got a vacation question.... my oponent set vacation, we are but 5 moves into the game, but he has blundered the opening so badly i am 100% confident I will win (if you find that game, dont comment). Is it fair then to time him out on vacation, he may have set that just to get me to not skull him....
    It's FAIR to time anyone out who has used all his/her time.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 18:43

If people put on their vacation sign it means they cannot move and don't want to be timed out. Therefore if they are making moves, even if their vacation sign is up, it means it's their fault if they run out of time.

Time 'em out.
  13. Belfast
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 18:52
    Originally posted by e4master
    Check to see when he last moved.
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 19:41
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    If people put on their vacation sign it means they cannot move and don't want to be timed out. Therefore if they are making moves, even if their vacation sign is up, it means it's their fault if they run out of time.

Time 'em out.
    It does not. I was on vacation last week and found there was an internet link in the hotel reception - 6 points. I went on to avoid being timed out in a couple of matches but the access was very very limited.

Secondly, I was have a hand held device that allows me access to the siteand post to threads, but doesn't hacve the graphic support to allow moves.
  15. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 20:19
    Depends on how rich he is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree