1. Joined
    13 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:57
    Hi everyone, this is my first post in the forums! I only joined this site recently finding it great fun at the moment, was just wondering what kind of rating i should be aiming to hit.
    I generally play at about 150Ecf strength OTB, yet I am finding it hard to work out just where I should be on here! I am beating a 1780 atm yet maybe shouldnt be, and have comfortably beaten players below 1500. Any ideas would be appreciated, I am merely curious 🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 23:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    13 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 00:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    hey duchess thanks for replying, I had guessed the correlations would be sporadic in places but the general ball park figure your talking about sounds good! looking at who Ive played so far I reckon id score around 50% against those at 1800 so maybe thats where i should be but I will be aiming higher!
  4. out on bail
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 08:06
    Originally posted by wittgensteinian
    Hi everyone, this is my first post in the forums! I only joined this site recently finding it great fun at the moment, was just wondering what kind of rating i should be aiming to hit.
    I generally play at about 150Ecf strength OTB, yet I am finding it hard to work out just where I should be on here! I am beating a 1780 atm yet maybe shouldnt be, and ...[text shortened]... ve comfortably beaten players below 1500. Any ideas would be appreciated, I am merely curious 🙂
    Strange that you are surprised at currently besting a 1780 player yet no mention of your performance against Kingshill. You state in your profile that you are not interested in ratings, so why this post?

Mike
  5. Joined
    13 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 08:54
    I shouldnt really discuss the game but I think im certainly worse against kingshill. I am here primarily to improve my game rather than create a rating, I was just interested to see where I should be on the scale of things
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 20:21

7. out on bail
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 21:13
    The mods are the ones to answer this. In general terms, stating the obvious like;'' your opponent has a better pawn structure'' or....''his/her connected rooks look strong'', doesn't constitute advice, surely?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 22:09

9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 23:55
    Sometimes I think that the essential moment in chess is when something about the position that is not obvious to one player, becomes obvious to the other. Without this, the game ends in a draw.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 01:00
    I have seen very strong players playing blitz and beginning the game with the king and queen on the opposite squares, and neither player notices until castling is attempted, which usually is good for a laugh all around.

I'd say that even the initial starting position isn't obvious all the time!
  11. out on bail
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 09:48
    I didn't take your reply as an accusation at all, merely offering my take on the questions raised.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 19:45

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree