Non-Members Tournament

Non-Members Tournament

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
12 Apr 07

Originally posted by scubily
I don't move at the weekend, so 1/7 doesn't really work for me. But I don't mind dropping out if everyone else wants to press on. I doubt I will win my game against RS anyway.
ultimately, we all agreed to 3-7, if you prefer, I have no right to change it midway.

we'll keep it 3-7 if it involves someone dropping out.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ih8sens
ultimately, we all agreed to 3-7, if you prefer, I have no right to change it midway.

we'll keep it 3-7 if it involves someone dropping out.
Dude, the bar tab is getting huge. The bartender wants to know if you have another credit card because the one you left is maxed out. If you don't have another card or cash, the bartender said you can mow his lawn. But, with the tab where it is now, you may be mowing for about 4 years, TWICE a week!!

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
12 Apr 07

My game is going to have an interesting mid to endgame, Q+B+N VS 2B + 2R

Place your bets

H

Moves
12 Apr 07

I've already posted this in the tournament forum, but for some added exposure, I felt it might be good to post it here too.

Anyways, I'm looking to start a tournament for non members. I'll organize it from my desk, starting with a draw for who plays who. It will be a 1 match elimination tournament with random colours. A drawn game will be played again ...[text shortened]... Let's see how this goes.

To join, PM me. I will accept the first 15 Messages I receive.
hello
could you organize another tournament ?
I'd like to play

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
12 Apr 07

Originally posted by HFRorbis
hello
could you organize another tournament ?
I'd like to play
While this one is in progress? No.

As soon as this one finishes? Yes.

Check the forums regularly for info about the next tournament, they fill up fast.

Actually, I'm considering a 32 person 1/0 tournament next time, with seedings by rankings. I think that's the way to go.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Apr 07

While this one is in progress? No.

As soon as this one finishes? Yes.

Check the forums regularly for info about the next tournament, they fill up fast.

Actually, I'm considering a 32 person 1/0 tournament next time, with seedings by rankings. I think that's the way to go.
would that tourney be in this century or the next? LOL

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
12 Apr 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
would that tourney be in this century or the next? LOL
No promises... 😉

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Apr 07

No promises... 😉
we have started the wager pool.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
12 Apr 07
2 edits

Originally posted by ChessJester
My game is going to have an interesting mid to endgame, Q+B+N VS 2B + 2R

Place your bets
Game 3391728

There we go, I think I have a slight advantage, in material at least Q+N+B = 15 pts and 2R+2B = 16 pts... plus I should be able to stay a pawn up... but black has a nasty attack I think... it will be a nail biter

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
12 Apr 07

Game 3391728

There we go, I think I have a slight advantage, in material at least Q+N+B = 15 pts and 2R+2B = 16 pts... plus I should be able to stay a pawn up... but black has a nasty attack I think... it will be a nail biter
I'll be following that game. It'll be interesting to say the least.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Apr 07

Game 3391728

Points? Points? There's no points in chess..... it's all about the victory son....ever win a game when you had less material? That is sauce for the goose!!

P

Moves
12 Apr 07

Points? Points? There's no points in chess..... it's all about the victory son....ever win a game when you had less material? That is sauce for the goose!!
riiiiiiiiight.................

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
12 Apr 07

Originally posted by adam warlock
I'll be following that game. It'll be interesting to say the least.
Yes I think so, any game with this type of an imbalance is very interesting. I played a game OTB 2 nights ago where I was in a similar situation, Q+N+B vs my 2Rs+2Bs and I barely managed to squeek out a win yet it was against a weaker opponent... lets hope I can squeek one out here. Otherwise, I'd like to draw against the stronger opponent... thats why I made that trade (Q for 2 R) but its not always a good idea.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
12 Apr 07

I agree, but the points are a tool used to help evaluate the position. Not the only tool, but one that can be helpful.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
12 Apr 07

If you check out that game I just finished (posted in the 1-0 tournament thread), it shows very clearly that material can't be measured in points. Tempo, position.. often more important.

I'd like to think that game won't end in a draw though...