1. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 20:28
    Originally posted by Varenka
    I have read the thread. Just tell me which part of my post you disagree with. I don't see your point.
    I don't disagree. You asked if this opening is new or not. I answered: 1929.
  2. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 21:13
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    I don't disagree. You asked if this opening is new or not. I answered: 1929.
    Ok, a genuine misunderstanding between us.

I wasn't asking if it new or not... I was asking why RahimK thought it was new (i.e. I didn't agree with him). Note my smiley in the post you misunderstood. Also note my examples which plainly show that I know it's not new!
  3. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 21:29
    Ok, a genuine misunderstanding between us.

I wasn't asking if it new or not... I was asking why RahimK thought it was new (i.e. I didn't agree with him). Note my smiley in the post you misunderstood. Also note my examples which plainly show that I know it's not new!
    I see that now. Thanks for pointing it out.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 21:371 edit
    Why do you regard the Catalan opening (3.g3) as something new? Alekhine played it in his WC match against Euwe. And Smyslov used it a lot. Kasparov used it during the 1980s. I have a book solely on this opening, printed in 1984. Is it really new? :-)
    From what I heard on the Roman Dvd, he said it was a relatively new idea compared to the other systems in the Bogo and Nizmo.

Compared to other openings, this is new but that doesn't really matter.

It's not a big deal if it's new or not.
  5. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 21:41
    Originally posted by RahimK
    From what I heard on the Roman Dvd, he said it was a relatively new idea compared to the other systems in the Bogo and Nizmo.

Compared to other openings, this is new but that doesn't really matter.

It's not a big deal if it's new or not.
    Yes, it is. Part of the 'hypermodern' stage. But still, 1929 can be new only in relative terms today.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 21:48
    In chess nothing's new.You can come up with the most wacky idea and chances are someone allready tried it 200 years ago.
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 23:32
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Yes, it is. Part of the 'hypermodern' stage. But still, 1929 can be new only in relative terms today.
    Well then it's new in relative terms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree