New Player Pawn Question

New Player Pawn Question

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H

San Diego

Moves
29 Oct 07

How do you get to the Games Explorer from the home site without typing in the full address? I don't see a link, even on the Site Map. I'm sure I'm just missing it. Thanks.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by HolyT
How do you get to the Games Explorer from the home site without typing in the full address? I don't see a link, even on the Site Map. I'm sure I'm just missing it. Thanks.
There is no link from the site at present so you need to copy and paste into your browser the link I gave.

H

San Diego

Moves
29 Oct 07
1 edit

Thanks, DF. When I use the "My Games" option, it shows no games. When I look at Dragon Fire's games (by typing in DF's user number in the URL), I only see 119 games as Black and 123 as White, even though he has played 816 games.

Are my games not shown because I'm not a subscriber? Are games only shown if both players are subscribers? Or is there some other explanation?

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
29 Oct 07

i think my cat just pissed on me.

t

Moves
29 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
In Game 4185141 you started going wrong about move 5.

5. ... NXQ retaining the right to castle is probably better than KXQ, then you start dropping pawns at moves 8 and 9.

If you trully followed this line from a DB then I suggest you stop using it and get a better DB as it is misleading you.

Try http://www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/ which has games from here and will give you excellent assistance at your level.
Nxd8 drops a pawn! 😲

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
Nxd8 drops a pawn! 😲
No! It merely gives back the pawn taken on move 4 and after Bc5 black has better development and equal material and retains the right to castle.

I would rather play black in this position and I would certainly recapture with the Knight even if you would not.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by HolyT
Thanks, DF. When I use the "My Games" option, it shows no games. When I look at Dragon Fire's games (by typing in DF's user number in the URL), I only see 119 games as Black and 123 as White, even though he has played 816 games.

Are my games not shown because I'm not a subscriber? Are games only shown if both players are subscribers? Or is there some other explanation?
It has not been updated for a little time although we all hope for am update someday.

t

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
No! It merely gives back the pawn taken on move 4 and after Bc5 black has better development and equal material and retains the right to castle.

I would rather play black in this position and I would certainly recapture with the Knight even if you would not.
I was being sarcastic (just a little) hence the 😲

o

Portlandia

Moves
30 Oct 07

Those tactics sites have helped a lot, and your points on that game are well taken...

The game linked here was one of those that I definitely could have used the tips you guys have posted. I feel like I lost a positional advantage I held because of my lousy tactical maneuvers =P