Nakamura 3 min blitz game - checkmates 3709 rated

Nakamura 3 min blitz game - checkmates 3709 rated "Beast" computer, underpromoting to 6 knights :-)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TacticsTime.com

Colorado Springs, CO

Moves
08 Nov 11

A sample of my chess tactics e-mail newsletter, featuring this amazing game

http://tacticstime.com/?p=1364

t

Moves
08 Nov 11
6 edits

thanks for sharing!

edit: ha! only 5 edits for the pgn...!

t

Moves
08 Nov 11
2 edits

this is so amazing! how did this guy prepare for the game (in retrospect: already the first pawn moves of black indicate the closedness of the game!) ? how can one possibly pplay this in such a blitz way?
look at move 144. nakamura even rearranged all his knights in the middle (after he had arranged his knights on the 8th rank before just as neat!)... and the poor computer only shuffles his king around, never thinking of resigning...
some may claim now he had computer assistance 😉

edit: only swiss gambit can come up with sicker games ...

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
09 Nov 11

I think i'd actually struggle to play that many moves in 3 minutes without any thought, they must have been premoving. Crazy game 🙄

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
I think i'd actually struggle to play that many moves in 3 minutes without any thought, they must have been premoving. Crazy game 🙄
it was 3/1 or 4/1 as I remember, and it's a pretty old game...

TacticsTime.com

Colorado Springs, CO

Moves
09 Nov 11

yeah 3/1 (3 minutes plus 1 second increment). It was played on June 8, 2005.

t

Moves
09 Nov 11

going through it quickly, one can see, black hardly crosses the middle for ages - the first serious attempt is the queen jump. the rest is like inviting the computer to bring his pieces across. it seems like nakamura took advantage of the computers strive to DO something, even if it means doom...