(My) Worst move ever!!!  Enjoy and or cringe :)

(My) Worst move ever!!! Enjoy and or cringe :)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
08 Dec 12

See game 9594802

rc

Moves
08 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by ketchuplover
See game 9594802
Game 9594802

in all fairness you played well, just blundered at the critical moment, nothing to be
ashamed of, even Anand did the same yesterday, instead of 38.Bxb3 is Qf8+ not better,
for after ...Bg8 (...Rg8 i don't think is possible because of Bxe5+) and Bxe5 are you not
winning as the rook is pinned?

h
Hopeless romantic

The sticks

Moves
08 Dec 12
1 edit

I'd have waited another move before resigning - black still has to find the winner and he's still got the bishop and the possibility of promoting to distract him. Besides, I've seen worse from stronger players (I think my opponent was ~1800 when they played this)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Dec 12
4 edits

Originally posted by ketchuplover
See game 9594802
I haven't tried to analyze your game, but as I was running through the moves, I saw 17.b5 attacking the knight as the first move I would have considered after his 16...a5. Perhaps you see something I have missed. That move just jumped right out at me and could be wrong, but I would play it in a blitz game.

Also in the final position in which you resigned it looks like you can still get at least a draw by perpetual check no matter what he does unless I am overlooking something. Nevermind I see it. Qb5+ with mate to follow.

Looking back a little I see 34.Qxd6 as best.