My Apology to Korch.

My Apology to Korch.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z

Moves
27 Dec 07

While I do not intend to concede my point that you cannot judge someone's IQ based on insufficient and/or subjective information, (and thus cannot conclude that Shirov or Topalov lack intelligence) ,
I do see that I was too rash in my argument and resorted to abusive language in my posts.
I was merely trying to point out that there are internet trolls who do the same thing to others - trying to put others down based on limited information. I did not intend to call you by such name and sincerely apologize for my actions.

I hope you return to posting on the forums - I do not want to be the cause of you not doing so.

So, in summary , cheers to everyone - hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and have a great new year.

D

Moves
27 Dec 07

Zin was naughty 0.0

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
27 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by zin23
While I do not intend to concede my point that you cannot judge someone's IQ based on insufficient and/or subjective information, (and thus cannot conclude that Shirov or Topalov lack intelligence) ,
I do see that I was too rash in my argument and resorted to abusive language in my posts.
I was merely trying to point out that there are internet trolls who ...[text shortened]... in summary , cheers to everyone - hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and have a great new year.
Looking at post where you "insulted" Korch you seem to have higher degree of tolerance then him. Strangely but RHP players often feature some kind of rating racism or snobism, to be more accurate. If player has 2300 rating it doesn't mean he have more rights than you. As far as I know arguing between you and him was completly benign.

Korch is superb chess player, contributes a lot, you are polite chess player with no bad intentions. I am sure Korch didn't have bad intentions too. So this discussion is completly unnecessary. Isn't it?

L
5. f3

Moves
27 Dec 07

Korch is a cry baby :'(

K

London

Moves
27 Dec 07
1 edit

Kotch is a sissy ^_^

I thoght strong chess players where meant to be strong willed.

E

Moves
27 Dec 07

I don't think you should be apologising to anyone.You guys had an argument and now he is not posting?Should we all agree with him because he is a good player?Was he doing us a favour posting here?You should NOT apologise for your beliefs!

London

Moves
27 Dec 07

Originally posted by Emilios
I don't think you should be apologising to anyone.You guys had an argument and now he is not posting?Should we all agree with him because he is a good player?Was he doing us a favour posting here?You should NOT apologise for your beliefs!
And if his belief is that an apology is appropriate then he should be allowed to do that. To me it displays a good nature and an ability to put things in perspective. I hope the apology is accepted and Korch returns. I value the contribution of the higher rated players.

E

Moves
27 Dec 07

Originally posted by Mahout
And if his belief is that an apology is appropriate then he should be allowed to do that. To me it displays a good nature and an ability to put things in perspective. I hope the apology is accepted and Korch returns. I value the contribution of the higher rated players.
Apologies like these are not prohibited by noone.They are unnecessary and i am just saying that Korch should not be granted with different approach by people just because he is a high rated player.If someone is posting his opinion inside a forum he must be willing to listen to other opinions too.

h

Moves
28 Dec 07

Originally posted by Emilios
Apologies like these are not prohibited by noone.They are unnecessary and i am just saying that Korch should not be granted with different approach by people just because he is a high rated player.If someone is posting his opinion inside a forum he must be willing to listen to other opinions too.
LOL Funny stuff.
Unless you went way over the line no appologies are needed or expected. If you think he's being snobish because of a rating then maybe he's realizing it and getting a life other than chess and poking his head out the door. That's not a bad thing.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
28 Dec 07

**** End of Thread ****

**** This thread is now closed ****

s

Kuala Lumpur

Moves
28 Dec 07

How would you feel if someone resorted to personal attacks like calling you an internet troll?

h

Moves
28 Dec 07
2 edits

Originally posted by searchingforkolisch
How would you feel if someone resorted to personal attacks like calling you an internet troll?
It would only hurt if it was true. Best thing is to ignore people that are trying to draw a response. Whining about it only brings the wolves out of their den. Besides, some are simply responding to what they think is someone acting superior or snobish. Others of course are just razing everyone that will respond.
oops I forgot to lock the thread. This is really it this time so don't try to post.

**** End of Thread ****

**** This thread is now closed ****

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
29 Dec 07

Oh hey Blue, I was looking for you. We're having a meeting and Huck says to get back to the clubhouse and bring more beer too.

Moose

h

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Oh hey Blue, I was looking for you. We're having a meeting and Huck says to get back to the clubhouse and bring more beer too.

Moose
😀 Beeerrrr

e

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by zin23
I was merely trying to point out that there are internet trolls who ...[text shortened]... in summary , cheers to everyone - hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and have a great new year.
Just for the record, he was not reffering to IQ, but to intelligence. IQ is a predictive tool for estimating intelligence, it isn't intelligence in itself. Anyway, I hope Korch decides to come back too.