Morra Gambit?

Morra Gambit?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by adam warlock
I have on book on it on the black side of it.
The main reason I want to this is to have some experience against some strong opposition. The sicilian is my main defence against 1. e4 and I think I'm bound to see this game at OTB play some time. I just want to know what I'm headed too.
Defeat!

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Defeat!
I don't mind it. And against you guys I'm expecting to lose. But I guess the shock treatment will do me good.
So you wanna give me a shot?

S

Moves
15 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by adam warlock
I have on book on it on the black side of it.
The main reason I want to this is to have some experience against some strong opposition. The sicilian is my main defence against 1. e4 and I think I'm bound to see this game at OTB play some time. I just want to know what I'm headed too.
Save yourself pain & play 3...d3 instead, or head for a c3 Sicilian although that is quite nice to play as white.

I would be very reluctant to play the black side of the Morra as the defensive approach is basically hypermodern & you have to be very patient & be happy with a cramped position & counter-attacking later, or hanging on desperately to the pawn playing to exchange down.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Save yourself pain & play 3...d3 instead, or head for a c3 Sicilian although that is quite nice to play as white.

I would be very reluctant to play the black side of the Morra as the defensive approach is basically hypermodern & you have to be very patient & be happy with a cramped position & counter-attacking later, or hanging on desperately to the pawn playing to exchange down.
But I want to give myself the trouble. PLEASE!

g

Moves
15 Aug 07

Teenage IM Alex Lenderman plays the Smith-Morra Gambit I believe most of the time against the Sicilian, even against Grandmasters. He said in a recent "Chess Life" interview that most of his upset wins were on the White side of the Smith-Morra Gambit. 'Nuf said?