Morgski style positional sacrifices x 2

Morgski style positional sacrifices x 2

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
10 Nov 11
2 edits

Having been inspired by the illustrious Morgski one had time to attempt two
positional sacrifices, one for penetration of the seventh hoovering up some pawns
and the exchange paving the way for two passers,

m

In attack

Moves
10 Nov 11

Nice! You give me too much credit though, chancer is probably a better word than illustrious...
The first sac seems the more risky of the two. I think GP did part of a blog a while ago about a Rook being completely inefficient at stopping two pawns, good to have it illustrated so 🙂

rc

Moves
10 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by morgski
Nice! You give me too much credit though, chancer is probably a better word than illustrious...
The first sac seems the more risky of the two. I think GP did part of a blog a while ago about a Rook being completely inefficient at stopping two pawns, good to have it illustrated so 🙂
Lol, yeah the bishop sac is one of those moves that one plays in blitz without even
thinking about it, i knew i would get at least, in material terms two pawns for the piece,
but who plays chess materially except the silicon beast!

W

Moves
11 Nov 11
2 edits

Originally posted by morgski
Certainly better than "chancre". Yuck. I had to look it up. Thought it was some kind of American spelling.