Men are SMARTER than women at chess.

Men are SMARTER than women at chess.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by cheater1
Well, I MUST go a bit off topic here...just for a moment.

First off, evolution is NOT a theory, but a FACT. Now, I'm not saying that darwin was right and that our ancestors were apes. No no no. There may be a god and creationism may be the reason we are here, but evolution is a proven fact, what CANNOT be proven is that it is responsible for us being he ...[text shortened]... you the benefit of the doubt) A female will NEVER hold the title of World Chess Champion.
Good God man you are a fool. Men don't bench press more than women 'because we use our muscles more', we are stronger because we have on average 10-20 times more testoterone in our bodies than women. More testosterone gives us an extra boost to grow more muscle.

Silly boy.

c

Moves
15 Mar 09

PROPER KNOB, indeed more testosterone give us the edge. AGREED.

A brain that has EVOLVED to be 10% larger also gives us that SAME edge. Tens of thousands of years of systematic analyzation of life's problems and dangers also gives us that same edge. An edge that puts us at the top of the food chain.

I have a sneaking suspicion that 90% people here agree with me, as NO ONE is challenging me with legitimate facts but rather straying off topic.

Trolls go home.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
15 Mar 09

A brain that has EVOLVED to be 10% larger
a blue whale must be 5x better at chess compared to a human then.

J

Moves
15 Mar 09

Trolls go home.
LOL. Easily your best line.

N

The sky

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by wormwood
a blue whale must be 5x better at chess compared to a human then.
That's why I put my faith in whales.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Mar 09

A brain that has EVOLVED to be 10% larger also gives us that SAME edge. Tens of thousands of years of systematic analyzation of life's problems and dangers also gives us that same edge. An edge that puts us at the top of the food chain.

I have a sneaking suspicion that 90% people here ag ...[text shortened]... O ONE is challenging me with legitimate facts but rather straying off topic.

Trolls go home.
I'm not talking about what gives us an edge. As to your topic, maybe men do have better cognitive skills than women and that's why there are not many elite female chess players. Maybe also it has something to do with chess being a severly male orientated sport. Why do women not play chess? Maybe they have better things to do than sit round with a load of weirdy-beardy men talking about the finer points of the English Attack of the Najdorf Sicilian. Who knows? And to be blunt i don't really care!!

My point was that men can bench press more than women because of a phsiological difference, nothing at all to do with the reason you gave. In fact your reason didn't even make sense, and if you asserted that with such confidence and it is utter nonsense, it leads me think...........do you really know what you're talking about when it comes to everything else posted here??

I doubt it, but carry on beacuse it keeps me amused!!

😉😉

cg

Seattle

Moves
15 Mar 09

I have a sneaking suspicion that 90% people here ag ...[text shortened]... O ONE is challenging me with legitimate facts but rather straying off topic.

Trolls go home.
Interestingly, it is scientific fact that the male brain is slightly larger....the female brain is slightly more compact, so there for has higher efficiency and has less "empty space" when compared to a male

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's not the size that counts, but what you do with it...
oh, and that Im sure you fail on both accounts...otherwise you wouldn't be such a troll

j

Moves
15 Mar 09

Trolls go home.
We don't need to challenge you, your statements are clearly nonsense.

The conclusions you make do not follow a logical path from your statements. You're just a lot of hot air.

h

Columbus, Ohio

Moves
15 Mar 09
1 edit

My thanks to both of you! I can't believe I missed those in the flood of tl:dr going on in here.

h

Columbus, Ohio

Moves
15 Mar 09
2 edits

O....kay....the actual quotes from that post are missing now. I give up.

t

Moves
16 Mar 09

Can anyone give me a sport or hobby where women are on par with men, or better?

Not taking about capabilities, just actualities.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 Mar 09

Originally posted by tamuzi
Can anyone give me a sport or hobby where women are on par with men, or better?

Not taking about capabilities, just actualities.
Crochet.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
16 Mar 09

Well, I MUST go a bit off topic here...just for a moment.

First off, evolution is NOT a theory, but a FACT. Now, I'm not saying that darwin was right and that our ancestors were apes. No no no. There may be a god and creationism may be the reason we are here, but evolution is a proven fact, what CANNOT be proven is that it is responsible for us being he ...[text shortened]... you the benefit of the doubt) A female will NEVER hold the title of World Chess Champion.
Judith Polgar was so very close to being the best player in the world. All it would take is a slightly stronger version of her, and we'd have a woman as world champ.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Mar 09

Originally posted by RandyFlagg
I know this guy perfers we stay on topic but i got to say, "hphovercraft" is a hilarious handle. Well done.
The HP standing for High Powered of course.

g

Moves
16 Mar 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Judith Polgar was so very close to being the best player in the world. All it would take is a slightly stronger version of her, and we'd have a woman as world champ.
Close? Bronstein and Schlechter were close.