Let's play a multiplayer chess game?

Let's play a multiplayer chess game?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Dec 13

Originally posted by thaughbaer
[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "New game"]
[Black "?"]
Or maybe 3 ?

[Result "*"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "5R1k/p3r1p1/1q1p3p/3Qn3/1pP1N3/2P5/P3K1PP/5R2 b - - 0 1"]
[PlyCount "14"]

1... Kh7 2. Nf6 Kg6 { If gxf6 then Qg8# } 3. Qe4 Kg5 4. h4
[/pgn]
My way makes them suffer longer. 😉

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
02 Dec 13

The black king is your private parts. You play with him for your pleasure. ( I can't remember what that's from now... could be a BlackAdder ).

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Dec 13

The black king is your private parts. You play with him for your pleasure. ( I can't remember what that's from now... could be a BlackAdder ).
Sound like it's from the psychoanalysis of Reuben Fine.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
02 Dec 13

Black Resigns. Thanks for playing and or watching everyone. Happy Holidays 🙂

FL

Moves
03 Dec 13

A shocking lapse of protocol from White in giving winning lines for the next players to follow. Black could have won earlier in the game if this was allowed, so I have no choice but to claim a win for Black. Thanks for the game everyone, and try to play within the rules next time.

Multiplayer Game
Final position - White is disqualified.

e4

Moves
03 Dec 13

I saw this game ages ago. Black was cruising.
I've gone over it again. Suddenly Black ignored the White King and
started protecting his d-pawn with d6 and Rd8.

It all started when Fat Lady appeared on the scene for White.
The Black players went 'Oh My God' a good player and crawled into a shell.
This is a typical OTB responses when weaker players get a good position
against a good player.

They start to see all kinds of ghosts or lose their nerve and fritter the
advatage away, in the end they are almost thankful they lost.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Dec 13

Originally posted by Fat Lady
A shocking lapse of protocol from White in giving winning lines for the next players to follow. Black could have won earlier in the game if this was allowed, so I have no choice but to claim a win for Black. Thanks for the game everyone, and try to play within the rules next time.
The game decided by a toilet cubicle moment after all. Of course there will be an appeal and a full public enquiry.

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
03 Dec 13

I think these sort of games can be very interesting if they are not dominated by a few players. As SG pointed out it quickly turned into The Forum vs Mister Chess.

Perhaps another game with some ground rules? No consecutive moves by the same player, nonsub vs sub teams etc.

It goes without saying that the twits who use engines should not get involved. Not like any rule could deter those sort.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
03 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Fat Lady

Multiplayer Game
[fen]5R1k/p3r1p1/1q1p3p/3Qn3/1pP1N3/2P5/P3K1PP/5R2 b - - 1 1[/fen]Final position - White is disqualified.
I'm afraid Black was guilty of this in post #10 on page 3. Your 'resource' does not save white.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I'm afraid Black was guilty of this in post #10 on page 3. Your 'resource' does not save white.
Full public enquiry published in record time.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Dec 13

Originally posted by hedonist
I think these sort of games can be very interesting if they are not dominated by a few players. As SG pointed out it quickly turned into The Forum vs Mister Chess.

Perhaps another game with some ground rules? No consecutive moves by the same player, nonsub vs sub teams etc.

It goes without saying that the twits who use engines should not get involved. Not like any rule could deter those sort.
How about...

1. Everyone interested in playing puts their name down in the thread. Give the thread 3 days to collect names.
2. Then order by rating and create teams by alternating ( or captains and a playground picking session )
3. Moves are made round-robin within a team with a 24 hour time limit before the next player is eligible

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
03 Dec 13

How about...

1. Everyone interested in playing puts their name down in the thread. Give the thread 3 days to collect names.
2. Then order by rating and create teams by alternating ( or captains and a playground picking session )
3. Moves are made round-robin within a team with a 24 hour time limit before the next player is eligible
The time thingy is a bit complicated, especially when you factor in other time zones. How about simply stating that no one can make two moves in a row. Also, no forecasting, meaning do not analyze future moves or suggest them. If you do, you're not allowed to make further moves.

The rest of the conditions are fine. I'm for captains and picking teams because some players are not accurately rated.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Dec 13
2 edits

Originally posted by SwissGambit
The time thingy is a bit complicated, especially when you factor in other time zones. How about simply stating that no one can make two moves in a row. Also, no forecasting, meaning do not analyze future moves or suggest them. If you do, you're not allowed to make further moves.

The rest of the conditions are fine. I'm for captains and picking teams because some players are not accurately rated.
Yeah.. I wasn't sure about round-robin either.. whether it would keep the game going quick enough. The no consecutive moves could still see it dominated by 2 players. How about no one player should make more than one move in any 24-hour period ( which is kind of firmly pointed at me :-) ). That gives others plenty of time to jump in.

For the 3 day waiting period for names.. possibly add a minimum of 12 players ?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Dec 13

ok so maybe a rule..

The 2 highest rated players will be nominated captains. The 3rd rated player will flip a coin for which captain gets to pick a team member first.

Then.. either.. whoever picks first plays the black pieces.. or... whoever is left until last gets to move first as compensation for being billy-no-mates.

Moves
03 Dec 13

I'd like to play.