Large DB of chessgames 140646 games!

Large DB of chessgames 140646 games!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
08 Sep 05

They have a single download of all those games in one DB. Many of them are computer engines against other computer engines.. there are some others too, but not sure what they were .. (140K is quite a few to try to go through!)

http://www.chess-database.com/Downloads/downloads.html

Anything else out there with a few thousand games that are good to download? I was using chessgames.com, but, I don't like how you can't search for the moves like you can in the keys in Chessbase Light.

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by MIODude
They have a single download of all those games in one DB. Many of them are computer engines against other computer engines.. there are some others too, but not sure what they were .. (140K is quite a few to try to go through!)

http://www.chess-database.com/Downloads/downloads.html

Anything else out there with a few thousand games that are good to down ...[text shortened]... , I don't like how you can't search for the moves like you can in the keys in Chessbase Light.
would this not pose a problem for a player making use of it? Every move would be a computer move, and look like it, thus being difficult to distinguish from one freshly generated by a computer?

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by pineapple42
would this not pose a problem for a player making use of it? Every move would be a computer move, and look like it, thus being difficult to distinguish from one freshly generated by a computer?
Good point!

Something to consider by the game mods?

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
08 Sep 05

if so, then the ToS would need to be updated

btw - it has to be chessbase, not light.. light has a 8000 limit I believe.. mine isn't the light version.

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
08 Sep 05

I sent feedback asking, just incase.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
08 Sep 05

http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html

Every issue comes with the latest weeks tournaments and games from the top players. Put all of the past issues together and you have half a million top class recently played games.

There's no problem with using databases no matter the source.

S

Zwolle

Moves
08 Sep 05

Try this link: http://www.chessgameslinks.lars-balzer.info/

Might proof usefull.

--SEVES

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
08 Sep 05

No, because all database moves are ignored by the game mods.

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
08 Sep 05

Received confirmation from Chris (using feedback option) that since its a database its fine.. its when you use a computer program to select what the next move is from your current position..

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by ark13
No, because all database moves are ignored by the game mods.
This issue is not as simple as that...

The game mods have actually already discussed/been discussing this.

One of us will post an "official" response here in the near future.

--tmetzler

Moves
08 Sep 05

Received confirmation from Chris (using feedback option) that since its a database its fine.. its when you use a computer program to select what the next move is from your current position..
Seems chris hasn't been reading up on the game mod discussion.

One of us will put up a more detailed response soon though.

--tmetzler

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
08 Sep 05

Can I just rename all the opponents names to that of the seven dwarfs? 😀

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
08 Sep 05

Actually, tmetzler, this would open a whole can of worms.. 'cause.. what would the difference between this, and me using my db of games that have been analyzed with Fritz after the fact.. In the analysis, it would say I should have done something else, so.. my next game, I would do that something else.

Moves
08 Sep 05
1 edit

Actually, tmetzler, this would open a whole can of worms.. 'cause.. what would the difference between this, and me using my db of games that have been analyzed with Fritz after the fact.. In the analysis, it would say I should have done something else, so.. my next game, I would do that something else.
That's why I said it wasn't that simple. 🙂

An official response will be coming in the next few days...

--tmetzler

Moves
09 Sep 05

well, that would be using fritz/junior/whatever to choose you next move... or could it be classed as preparation? Would it be ligitimate to take my past games, analyse them all, find my blunders, and next time play the improved move (which, quite naturally was generated by an engine, and i've placed in the notes against my past game)?