Kosteniuk - Chiburdanidze, Dresden olympiad 200...

Kosteniuk - Chiburdanidze, Dresden olympiad 200...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
18 Nov 08
1 edit

Youth has been overplayed by Experience. Women Champion in 1978 won Women Champion in 2008. With Black!!!!

s

Moves
18 Nov 08

I played through this game yesterday-it was a bit of a rout! Not sure what happened to Kosteniuk; maybe she forgot her theory or maybe she was surprised by black's opening, but whatever, she played it horribly.

11.Qxc3 has a terrible record in the databases (only over a few games admittedly)- it just gives black a very comfortable easy-to-play position.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by streetfighter
I played through this game yesterday-it was a bit of a rout! Not sure what happened to Kosteniuk; maybe she forgot her theory or maybe she was surprised by black's opening, but whatever, she played it horribly.

11.Qxc3 has a terrible record in the databases (only over a few games admittedly)- it just gives black a very comfortable easy-to-play position.
If you are playing Rauzer`s attack (which your well-experienced opponent knows very well) you have no right to forgot theory.

s

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by Korch
If you are playing Rauzer`s attack (which your well-experienced opponent knows very well) you have no right to forgot theory.
Absolutely true!

z

Moves
18 Nov 08

That was a beatdown. Wonderful exchange sac.

v

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by zebano
That was a beatdown. Wonderful exchange sac.
I would call it "basic"

s

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by vipiu
I would call it "basic"
"Standard" might be a better description