King's Indian Attack?

King's Indian Attack?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
23 Dec 06

For those that the KIA can't be played at high level, look at Bobby Fischer. Of course, he is Bobby Fischer.
The KIA is a good opening if you don't wish to study openings or if you just want to see who the better player is without totally screwing up in the opening.

There is a good book about the KIA called "The Ultimate King's Indian Attack" It's by Angus Dunnington who is a good chess author.

Enjoy

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by RabbitCold
For those that the KIA can't be played at high level, look at Bobby Fischer. Of course, he is Bobby Fischer.
The KIA is a good opening if you don't wish to study openings or if you just want to see who the better player is without totally screwing up in the opening.

There is a good book about the KIA called "The Ultimate King's Indian Attack" It's by Angus Dunnington who is a good chess author.

Enjoy
He didn't play it once he reached the top level. Get your facts straight.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
He didn't play it once he reached the top level. Get your facts straight.
he may not have used it in the 70s, but he did take on many strong players with it, Fischer-Myagmarsuren was in 1967, and that was a great KIA game.

but vs the CaroKann and French he favored the Two Knights Variation and Winawer respectively. However, I don't think he ever found a variation that he really liked, in contrast to his Ruy Lopez vs e5, 6. Bc4 vs c5 (as white) and the Najdorf Sicilian and KID+Grunfeld (as black)

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by YUG0slav
he may not have used it in the 70s, but he did take on many strong players with it, Fischer-Myagmarsuren was in 1967, and that was a great KIA game.

but vs the CaroKann and French he favored the Two Knights Variation and Winawer respectively. However, I don't think he ever found a variation that he really liked, in contrast to his Ruy Lopez vs e5, 6. Bc4 vs c5 (as white) and the Najdorf Sicilian and KID+Grunfeld (as black)
Search chessgames.com, he has only 4 games with the KIA on there, and I think most are from the 50's. šŸ˜•

Fischer-Myagmarsuren is amazing.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

Search chessgames.com, he has only 4 games with the KIA on there, and I think most are from the 50's. šŸ˜•

Fischer-Myagmarsuren is amazing.
yea the other 3 are from the 50s

31. Qxh7+!

but I won't be taking on any GMs soon (cept maybe in a simul) so I'll stick to my KIA

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

yea the other 3 are from the 50s

31. Qxh7+!

but I won't be taking on any GMs soon (cept maybe in a simul) so I'll stick to my KIA
Qxh7+!! is more accurate.

KIA's not bad...but from my POV

KG/Ruy/Scotch>KIA/Giuoco Piano.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06
1 edit

Qxh7+!! is more accurate.

KIA's not bad...but from my POV

KG/Ruy/Scotch>KIA/Giuoco Piano.
yea...well your POV means as much as Dies Irae's list!

jkšŸ˜›šŸ˜€

lol I won with the Giouco Piano at my last tournament

c

Moves
24 Dec 06
1 edit

yea...well your POV means as much as Dies Irae's list!

jkšŸ˜›šŸ˜€

lol I won with the Giouco Piano at my last tournament
Oh god Yugoslav, how can you go from the KG to the crappy GP?! It's just so...BORING!

Tell me you at least used the Evan's Gambit!

LMAO, Dies Irae's list....that was fun, you know he has a monocle?

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
24 Dec 06

I was thinking of making a sunglass monocle. It would be the ultimate cool.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

Oh god Yugoslav, how can you go from the KG to the crappy GP?! It's just so...BORING!

Tell me you at least used the Evan's Gambit!

LMAO, Dies Irae's list....that was fun, you know he has a monocle?
ROFL

no, and just to make you REALLY annoyed, I'll let you know that I played....the 4. d3 Giouco Pianissimo!!!!!!!!!

I don't use the GP regularly! I just wanted to test drive it to see if I could like it.

heck i used the Lopez exchange variation at a tournament in November, I jacked up the midgame, then drew an opposite colored bish endgame where I was down 2 pawns!

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by Dies Irae
I was thinking of making a sunglass monocle. It would be the ultimate cool.
tru dat

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
24 Dec 06

werd

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

ROFL

no, and just to make you REALLY annoyed, I'll let you know that I played....the 4. d3 Giouco Pianissimo!!!!!!!!!

I don't use the GP regularly! I just wanted to test drive it to see if I could like it.

heck i used the Lopez exchange variation at a tournament in November, I jacked up the midgame, then drew an opposite colored bish endgame where I was down 2 pawns!
Ok, that's it, I've lost all respect for you.

The Pianissimo!? Please, just quit. That's awful. Awful. How did you stay awake the whole game?! BTW, what were you going to do if he played the TK?

Ruy Exchange is fine with me, nice job with the endgame. I need to study those biznatches.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06
1 edit

Ok, that's it, I've lost all respect for you.

The Pianissimo!? Please, just quit. That's awful. Awful. How did you stay awake the whole game?! BTW, what were you going to do if he played the TK?

Ruy Exchange is fine with me, nice job with the endgame. I need to study those biznatches.
if he went with the Two Knights, then I would play Ng5 of course, and then you'd gain some respect for me in my willingness to enter the Fried Liver Attack

and I stayed awake the same was as in my more positional Accelerated Dragon...with coffee

actually the game ended very quickly as he misplayed his king's knight to e7 instead of f6 and was in a lost position very quickly.

but then he made it interesting himself by saccing a piece to launch a suicide attack on my king!

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
24 Dec 06
1 edit

I thought the GP was 4 c3