King's Gambit

King's Gambit

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
03 Sep 08

Thanks everybody. Two last questions though: What are some notable KG games? And what GM's are best known for the use of their KG?

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
03 Sep 08
2 edits

Originally posted by timmydoza
Thanks everybody. Two last questions though: What are some notable KG games? And what GM's are best known for the use of their KG?

😛

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
03 Sep 08

Originally posted by timmydoza
Spassky and Korchnoi are 2 notable players who have used the Kings Gambit regularly as white.

NL

Moves
04 Sep 08

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Spassky and Korchnoi are 2 notable players who have used the Kings Gambit regularly as white.
Spassky yes, but not Korchnoi, who to the best of my knowledge has only ever played the KG once. (In fact, he rarely plays 1.e4.) He did, however, put his name to a book on the KG written by Zak over 20 years ago.

m

Moves
04 Sep 08

One of my big problems with playing the KG is that the black f4 pawn is in the way of my rook after 0-0.

S

Moves
04 Sep 08

Originally posted by Northern Lad
Spassky yes, but not Korchnoi, who to the best of my knowledge has only ever played the KG once. (In fact, he rarely plays 1.e4.) He did, however, put his name to a book on the KG written by Zak over 20 years ago.
Gallagher, Short & Fedorov are maybe better examples.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
04 Sep 08

Originally posted by Northern Lad
My mistake. I just assumed he played it as I have the Korchnoi / Zak book.

On Spassky we all know that Fisher alledgedly busted it for him!