KID non-sub tournament

KID non-sub tournament

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07

Given the recent wave of nonsub tournaments I've decided to organize one myself. This will be different from the ones organised till now cause it'll be a thematic tournament. The point of this tournament is to explore the delight of the King's Indian Defence. This chess opening can be achieved from the moves:

1. d4 Nf3
2. c4 g6
3.Nc3 Bg7
4. e4 d6

I wnat to do an 8 people double round-robin tournament so that everybody will pay everybody and everybody plays the same games with both black and white.
So if you wanna join in just PM me.

Ps: I already have to places taken so now 6 more people can join.

Pps: in8hsens (I hope I got your name right) If you want to join you can since you are the guy who started this nonsub tournament wave.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
17 May 07

hehe. it seems interesting but I'd never play the KID in a rated game.

plus I just started a long haul tournament and I have over 50 games in progress now.. yikes.

Thanks anyways though,
Matt

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
hehe. it seems interesting but I'd never play the KID in a rated game.

plus I just started a long haul tournament and I have over 50 games in progress now.. yikes.

Thanks anyways though,
Matt
Ok. I don't know now if it'll be rated or not. I was thinking in doing a poll once all 8 people are in to see if we will do it as a set piece game (non rated) or if everybody has to follow the move order I gave. If you change your mind just let me know.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07

Four people up till now. I'll post all names once we're down to eight!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 May 07

What time limits are you considering?

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07

Originally posted by Palynka
What time limits are you considering?
3 days per move 3 days time bank. I wnat people to do some good chess so I don't want to rush anybody.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 May 07

Originally posted by adam warlock
I don't want to rush anybody.
It's still too fast for me, though!

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
It's still too fast for me, though!
But for some people I'll fear that it'll be too fast. The best I can do is 3/7. Unless everbody agrees on 7/7 which frankly I dont think will happen.

A

Moves
17 May 07

Since non-subs are limited to 6 games at a time and this tournament is in double RR format, you should consider making this either 4-person or 7-person rather than 8-person.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07

Originally posted by AlboMalapropFoozer
Since non-subs are limited to 6 games at a time and this tournament is in double RR format, you should consider making this either 4-person or 7-person rather than 8-person.
True but that way we should have too few games. If not enough people come forward than I'll guess I'll have to do it with 4 or 6. But till now we got 4 people in.

A

Moves
17 May 07

So, will each player be playing all their games at once? Just wondering how many slots I need open.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
So, will each player be playing all their games at once? Just wondering how many slots I need open.
No. Each player will play just one game at a time. But s/he'll need tp play all the others eventually. So you just need a free game slot.

DS

Moves
17 May 07

Far too slow for me.
Maybe if it was 1 day t/o and 3 days t/b. 🙁

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
17 May 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Far too slow for me.
Maybe if it was 1 day t/o and 3 days t/b. 🙁
1 day per move is not an option. I think it rushes the moves and can cause a lot of blunders. But I want this to be a good tournament with good games. You'll just have to have a free gameslot.
The minimum is 3/3 and the maximum is 7/3. But most of all the games will be moving quicker than that.

A

Moves
17 May 07

Originally posted by adam warlock
1 day per move is not an option. I think it rushes the moves and can cause a lot of blunders. But I want this to be a good tournament with good games. You'll just have to have a free gameslot.
The minimum is 3/3 and the maximum is 7/3. But most of all the games will be moving quicker than that.
Yes, I move rather fast for CC anyway. 3/3 would be fine for me. So, am I in, Adam?