Kia pirc kid

Kia pirc kid

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
12 Jun 18

Kings Indian Attack as white and the PIRC and Kings Indian as black and you're all set. It's basically the same setup so why play anything else? I read about it in Winning chess openings. By Yasser Seirawan. I'm good for life. Now I just need to get good and take over the world. Try it out.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
12 Jun 18

I admire your simplicity. Destroy all foes!

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
12 Jun 18

I can't figure out if that is a compliment or a subtle jab at my intelligence.

E

Moves
13 Jun 18

I am leaning towards knowing your first move based on your opponent's first move. After that any system causes you to stop having a reason for what you do.

Then you have to start thinking after you run out of opening.

On the clock? Sure memorized opening saves time. A place like this? No time advantage.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @nevare
Kings Indian Attack as white and the PIRC and Kings Indian as black and you're all set. It's basically the same setup so why play anything else? I read about it in Winning chess openings. By Yasser Seirawan. I'm good for life. Now I just need to get good and take over the world. Try it out.
The downside of the KIA is that Black isn't under any pressure during the first 10 moves.

E

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
The downside of the KIA is that Black isn't under any pressure during the first 10 moves.
If u are in book to 10 moves anyhow, where is the pressure?

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
13 Jun 18
1 edit

It's not really bookish... considering your opponent can develop however they want. If that makes sense. It's a system. Hell Bobby Fischer liked it as white against the French.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @eladar
If u are in book to 10 moves anyhow, where is the pressure?
Same place it always was: on the board. The book tells you how some people have dealt with it in the past. It doesn't play the resulting middle game for you. It also doesn't tend to show common mistakes the pressured side may make, because masters are not going to play those moves.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
13 Jun 18

Same place it always was: on the board. The book tells you how some people have dealt with it in the past. It doesn't play the resulting middle game for you. It also doesn't tend to show common mistakes the pressured side may make, because masters are not going to play those moves.
I couldn't have said it better.

E

Moves
14 Jun 18

Does not book equalize?

E

Moves
14 Jun 18

I couldn't have said it better.
Then you understand the inherent weakness of your approach as white.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
14 Jun 18

At our level we are not good enough to maintain an advantage with white. Your only job in the opening is to get a playable middle game. Positions that you feel comfortable with.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Does not book equalize?
Not always. Some lines end in the infamous "unclear" assessment, or with still a slight plus for white.

E

Moves
14 Jun 18

At our level we are not good enough to maintain an advantage with white. Your only job in the opening is to get a playable middle game. Positions that you feel comfortable with.
How are you going to get better if you do not try?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
14 Jun 18
2 edits

Decent openings, though before you take over the world, you'll occasionally have to deal with nagging little details like middlegames and endgames. 🙂