1. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 13:37
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Hey Tim, any other platforms the book will be on? I have a Nook and a PC.
    I actually don't even own a kindle myself. There is free Kindle reader software and Kindle apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, PC, Mac, BlackBerry, and Android-based devices.

It won't be on the Nook though. When you publish on amazon, you basically have to say that it will only be on amazon to get the good royalty rates. It is like 70% royalty if you sell only on amazon, but like 35% if you can sell on anything, like Nook.

Thanks again everyone for all the feedback and votes - it is really good stuff, and very helpful. I will leave the voting up until the end of the weekend.
  2. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 13:48
    Originally posted by st40
    I have a bit of a "thing" about anything which is "101" or "1001" ways to do something,
    yeah, there was a couple of reasons for the 1001. There are certain numbers that test really well in marketing 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 21, 50, 99, 100, 101, 1001, etc.

So you see these numbers all the time.

Plus with the 1001, we can kind of leech off of people who are searching for the Reinfeld 1001 titles. So if you search for 1001 chess tactics looking for the reinfeld books, you might find our book.

It is like the movie "Coming to America" where the dude had a fast food restaurant name "MacDowell's" that looked exactly like a McDonalds lol.

There is a little bit of alliteration with the title also with Tactics, Time, Tim, Thousand all starting with "T", which tends to do well with marketing/branding.

So yeah, it isn't original, but no need to reinvent the wheel if something works 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree