Interesting blitz game, at least to me:)

Interesting blitz game, at least to me:)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Sep 10

e

timed out again

Moves
08 Sep 10

Interesting game I don't play the KG but I would have considered 3. Bc4 so that it could be a true KG gambit style.

T
I am become Death

Moves
08 Sep 10

I don't know why, but I am waaayy waaayy weaker at blitz than I am regular chess. It's weird, tactics and attacking are probably what my "natural strength" is in chess, but I seriously blow at 5 minute chess. I either waste too much time with my plans, or I play quick and blunder.

I hate it.

Interesting game though.

M

Moves
08 Sep 10
1 edit

@ Enrico20: are you saying that Moprhy, Steinitz,Rubinstein, Spassky, or even Shirov don't play in the true Kings Gambit style with their 3.Nf3 games?

e

timed out again

Moves
08 Sep 10

Originally posted by Mephisto2
@ Enrico20: are you saying that Moprhy, Steinitz,Rubinstein, Spassky, or even Shirov don't play in the true Kings Gambit style with their 3.Nf3 games?
Sorry I meant 4. Bc4 not 3. Bc4 I was giving the move mentally as he played 4. h4

e

timed out again

Moves
08 Sep 10

Originally posted by Thabtos
I don't know why, but I am waaayy waaayy weaker at blitz than I am regular chess. It's weird, tactics and attacking are probably what my "natural strength" is in chess, but I seriously blow at 5 minute chess. I either waste too much time with my plans, or I play quick and blunder.

I hate it.

Interesting game though.
Just have at it. You can practise your favorite openings and see how people react under pressure. Don't play blitz all the time but mix it up with slower games as well.