Icc

Icc

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moo

Moves
01 Feb 10

Is it worth the cash to spend on it? Or should I spend cash on the chessbase one.

h

Moves
01 Feb 10

Spend all your savings on RHP

B

Moo

Moves
01 Feb 10

Lol Heinz I somehow knew you would post here. Im talking about real time. Im not a fan of the small amount of Blitz here. No offence to Russ its nice to have but not the greatest out there such as ICC. I have though about going Prem. here but I dont want to become just a Cor. player. I want to be OTB and real time. What ya think Heinz?

B

Moves
01 Feb 10

What's icc? and anyway it's a little ironic, heinzkat doesn't seem to be a subscriber 😛. We're lucky we have the privileges of posting on or even looking at the forums.

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by Blitz00
Lol Heinz I somehow knew you would post here. Im talking about real time. Im not a fan of the small amount of Blitz here. No offence to Russ its nice to have but not the greatest out there such as ICC. I have though about going Prem. here but I dont want to become just a Cor. player. I want to be OTB and real time. What ya think Heinz?
I subscribe to both RHP and ICC for this very reason. My opinion is the ICC (and Playchess, although I don't play there) are the two best blitz environments on the web. I think its worth the money if you play a lot. Otherwise, you might consider FICS (the free server). Its fine, but I got bored there playing the same players all the time when I was playing blitz almost daily. Not a problem on ICC.

h

Moves
01 Feb 10
1 edit

Playchess is crap, ICC is not much better. See the " Thinking of joining ICC" thread Thread 124250

So really spend the munney on RHP. Trust me. You won't regret

M

Moves
01 Feb 10

Is it worth the cash to spend on it? Or should I spend cash on the chessbase one.
I like ICC, I'm registered there and don't regret it. The videos are great.

NMD

Moves
01 Feb 10

I think playing online chess can be a lot of fun at various sites.
Perhaps trying out a few places and then deciding which one you like would be a reasonable plan.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by heinzkat
Playchess is crap, ICC is not much better. See the " Thinking of joining ICC" thread Thread 124250

So really spend the munney on RHP. Trust me. You won't regret
ICC is good, but Playchess is far superior. Better interface, better features.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by Wulebgr
ICC is good, but Playchess is far superior. Better interface, better features.
if you tally up playchess subscription + commentary fees for all tournaments + all videos, what's the real price for one year?

h

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by wormwood
if you tally up playchess subscription + commentary fees for all tournaments + all videos, what's the real price for one year?
15 €

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Feb 10

I want to be OTB and real time.
Then your best bet is ICC or playchess.

The interfaces for those two are a bit different though. Best to try both and see which one you like best.

h

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Then your best bet is ICC or playchess.

The interfaces for those two are a bit different though. Best to try both and see which one you like best.
"Then your best bet is ICC or playchess. "

😛

Thread title:

"ICC"

Question:

"or should I try the chessbase one"

😀

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by heinzkat
"Then your best bet is ICC or playchess. "

😛

Thread title:

"ICC"

Question:

"or should I try the chessbase one"

😀

h

Moves
01 Feb 10
1 edit

My answer is: Playchess is too crappy, try ICC.

Does anyone know if Fritz 12 comes with an improved playchess interface or does that part stay the same?