How can his pawn take mine?

How can his pawn take mine?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O

Moves
16 Dec 09

Game 6963349
It might be a noobie-question but: Can someone explain me the whites move 22?

s

Moves
16 Dec 09
1 edit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant

http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=enpassant

O

Moves
16 Dec 09
1 edit

Haha! Quote: "When a pawn tries to sneak past an enemy pawn to avoid capture, there's a move of which many beginners are often unaware."

Thank you. Just to be sure: There are no more special rules except Casteling, Pawn Promotion and this "en Passant"?

Edit: And Stalemate. Another thing I had to learn here.

IC

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by Obladibaddou
Haha! Quote: "When a pawn tries to sneak past an enemy pawn to avoid capture, there's a move of which many beginners are often unaware."

Thank you. Just to be sure: There are no more special rules except Casteling, Pawn Promotion and this "en Passant"?

After Jan 1st black moves first.

F

Moves
16 Dec 09

You can underpromote a pawn on the last line, to a rook, bishop or a knight at your choice.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
16 Dec 09

There's the pawn triangle rule. Once per game, if you get your pawns in a triangle shape, they can spin around and dissolve any pieces in their midst. The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved, too.

P

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
There's the pawn triangle rule. Once per game, if you get your pawns in a triangle shape, they can spin around and dissolve any pieces in their midst. The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved, [NO COMMA] too.
Please use accurate grammar when giving instructions. "The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved too." This is the correct way to write that sentence. Omit the comma and you're good.

Here's some practice sentences:

Directions:Rewrite the following sentences and note the grammatical errors that you fix. If there are no errors, write "no errors."

1. I ran with a baseball bat, and, I made it to first base.

2. Last Tuesday, I fixed the fireplace, hung some pictures, and painted the master bedroom.

3. Alex, Rod, and Susie, who are three good friends, decided to take a picnic, but they should have done their work on the farm instead.

4. To become a US Marshall you must pass rigorous training courses.

5. It's best to be remain silent, and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

o
Art is hard

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by PokerproK9
It's best to be remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
there you have it...

IC

Moves
16 Dec 09

Please use accurate grammar when giving instructions. "The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved too." This is the correct way to write that sentence. Omit the comma and you're good.

[b]Directions:
Rewrite the following sentences and note the grammatical errors that you fix. If there are no errors, writ ...[text shortened]... 5. It's best to be remain silent, and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.[/b]
Take it to the Grammar Forum Spanky.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
16 Dec 09

[b]Directions:
Rewrite the following sentences and note the grammatical errors that you fix. If there are no errors, writ ...[text shortened]... 5. It's best to be remain silent, and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.[/b]
Do not, feed the troll. 😀

h

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Do not, feed the troll. 😀
Retract that comma, please.

pp

Moves
16 Dec 09
2 edits

You know the rules like 3 fold repetition and 50 move rule, right?

Plus, if there's not enough mating material left on the board (cases where a perfect play wouldn't suffice to mate the worst play possible), the game will end in a draw (even if one of the players' time expires).

O

Moves
16 Dec 09

[b]Directions:
I did understand him. I'm swiss. But thank you anyway.

h

Moves
16 Dec 09

I'm swiss.
😛 Do you play gambits too?

O

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by philidor position
You know the rules like 3 fold repetition and 50 move rule, right?
No, I don't. Got to read about it. Gosh, I thougt this game is complicated enough...