High-ranking players and quality chess

High-ranking players and quality chess

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
09 Jan 07

I lose a lot of games, largely through horrid mistakes. I have always learnt much from studying the games of truly great players, though.

What can I learn from these two matches, I wonder?

the hard-fought:

Game 1503321

and the impressive:

Game 1503327

???

I'd really like to improve my rating. If this be the way forward, perhaps even I have a chance.

Thoughts, members???

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
09 Jan 07

What happened on those games????????????? 😕

VB

Moves
09 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Mathurine
[b]I lose a lot of games, largely through horrid mistakes. I have always learnt much from studying the games of truly great players, though.

the hard-fought:

Game 1503321

and the impressive:

Game 1503327

???

I'd really like to improve my rating. If this be the way forward, perhaps even I have a chance.

Thoughts, members???
[/b]
those 2 games don't count since the game has not progressed for 3 turns

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
09 Jan 07

Originally posted by adam warlock
What happened on those games????????????? 😕
I wish I could play chess at this level...

k

washington

Moves
09 Jan 07

maybe they just didn't want to play each other. you know the status of each of them is much higher if they dont play and one gets a win over the other.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
09 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
those 2 games don't count since the game has not progressed for 3 turns
I don't think it says so on the rules. I don't remember it and i did a quick check and i saw nothing toconfirm that...

Edit: Too much text on the first go

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
09 Jan 07
2 edits

FAQ

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
09 Jan 07

Originally posted by kmac27
maybe they just didn't want to play each other. you know the status of each of them is much higher if they dont play and one gets a win over the other.
Why don't we just throw the pieces out of the window and not bother playing chess any more?

After all, if this is how the 'top' players behave, what on earth is to become of the rest of us?

Sorry to rock the boat here...

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
09 Jan 07

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
FAQ

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.
I already had games deleted on me and there was no sign of the messege "whichever colour wins"...

VB

Moves
09 Jan 07
1 edit

I already had games deleted on me and there was no sign of the messege "whichever colour wins"...
the side can resign without lose any rating
Game 2732344

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
09 Jan 07

the side can resign without lose any rating
Game 2732344
Sorry if i'm missing the obvious and i don't want to be a nag, but where does it say the neither side lost points?

VB

Moves
09 Jan 07

Sorry if i'm missing the obvious and i don't want to be a nag, but where does it say the neither side lost points?
why don't you check incub's rating history, click on each single of the green bars?

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
09 Jan 07

why don't you check incub's rating history, click on each single of the green bars?
i didn't do that for two reasons:
1- I'm not thinking they did that for some special reason, i jus t find it odd..
2-the ratings aren't immediattely freshed after a game, on the green bars that is. At least mine aren't(or don´t seem to be).So if the game is recent i can't seem to know nothing about it. Plus, i didn't see no dates in the game you provided so if the game is a past one how can anyone check it? :s
Once again I'm say nothing about nobody's game. I'm new in here and know nothing about this. I just find odd stopping games like that...

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
09 Jan 07

Nah, I've deleted a bunch of games, but they don't show up in my games as resigned, there is a difference between resigning and hitting the trash can icon

N

Moves
09 Jan 07

Originally posted by Mathurine
[b]I lose a lot of games, largely through horrid mistakes. I have always learnt much from studying the games of truly great players, though.

the hard-fought:

Game 1503321

and the impressive:

Game 1503327

???

Thoughts, members???
[/b]
The reason why Akizy resign those games was probably because he/she plays a very limited amounts of games on this site and that the gameload got to big. Instead he/she resigned all his games in that tournament at an early stages when they didn´t affect his/her rating.