Henry VIII game

Henry VIII game

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
27 Jul 08

Originally posted by hphovercraft
Here's the game:

Game 5130650
A wild and wooly one indeed! The chess equivalent to a Saturday night bar fight. 😛

h

Columbus, Ohio

Moves
27 Jul 08

It's depressing - I really think the queen sac was a great move, which was promptly wasted when I gave up my bishop and rook for free later on.

m

Moves
27 Jul 08

[

This move's got me thinking: under what general circumstances would you willingly sac a queen if there was no guarantee that you'd get your oppenent's queen out of the deal? Needless to say, I ask that you do not comment on any ongoing games, whether mine or otherwise.[/b]
sacking your queen for two rooks is perfectly acceptable. sacking your queen for two rooks and creating a passed pawn (protected as well) is a no brainer! i was quite proud of myself on this one!!Game 4765523

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
28 Jul 08

Originally posted by hphovercraft
It's depressing - I really think the queen sac was a great move, which was promptly wasted when I gave up my bishop and rook for free later on.
You did have a pretty good material advantage there. It was good play on your part until you missed that fork, at which point you should have still had a slight advantage.

Practice your tactics!

h

Columbus, Ohio

Moves
29 Jul 08

I try to keep up on my tactics - unfortunately, chess.emrald.net is sometimes non-specific when it comes to selecting the proper move. Some of their 'best moves' frankly bewilder me (though I'm only a 1200-level player so maybe this stuff is blisteringly obvious to those who're a bit more experienced).

Any recommendations, of course, would be welcome. I think my lack of tactical knowledge is my biggest fault right now.