Helpmate and a Construction Task.

Helpmate and a Construction Task.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
80d
2 edits

A pic of a lad playing chess at the latest Super Bowl.

A helpmate in five moves.

In a Helpmate Black goes first and both sides work together to checkmate Black.
I try these from time. This one caught my attention because it is so few pieces.

Then a construction test. Construct a position where White has a King, Knight
and a Bishop but cannot win unless you remove either the Knight or Bishop.
I give one solution. You are welcome to try and construct another. (good luck!)

Next an RHP game where the player who lost had a great trap he could have tried.
Onto a few interesting and instructive OTB games and I added in a few cartoons.
Blog Post 596

(I'm sure I posted this link this morning. I bet you I've posted it in the wrong forum.)

Edit:
I did, I put it in the Clans Forum.. What I was doing there I have no idea I'm not in a clan.

c

Moves
78d

That game is featured in Winning in the Chess Opening: 700 Ways to Ambush Your Opponent By Nikolai Kalinichenko

I've played this Pirc/three pawns attack many times in rapid games I never knew of this trap.

In your analysis of {Black resigned 13...Qxg5 14.Nd6+} it should be {Black resigned 13...Qxg5 14.Ne6+}

e4

Moves
76d

Corrected it, thanks.

You saw what I wrote but knew what I meant.

c

Moves
76d

Thanks for sharing the game though, even we average players can gain from these games.

Actually c6 looks like a developing move but it allows the chance of white arriving at the position. White (a professional player) made quick work.