Grintzi was Banned

Grintzi was Banned

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
2. I could play blitz against an 1100 blindfolded and would not lose.
This is a foolish, if not interesting proposition.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
24 Jun 08
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
I do agree with this BTW; that particular game is a lot more than one bad move - illini's whole play is utterly amateurish. I could show some very similar examples from other page one players, but getting your posts deleted and warned by the Forum Mods is a bit of a drag.
Yes, a real drag.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I do agree with this BTW; that particular game is a lot more than one bad move - illini's whole play is utterly amateurish. I could show some very similar examples from other page one players, but getting your posts deleted and warned by the Forum Mods is a bit of a drag.

Someone mentioned this one in General: http://www.timeforchess.com/gam ...[text shortened]... ats when they play a Challenge rather than a tournament or clan game.

EDIT: Game link edited
I could name at least 10 from the first 2 pages.

Moves
25 Jun 08
1 edit

I could name at least 10 from the first 2 pages.
One of my opponents who is pretty much hammering me in my usual opening of choice, lost quite a few of his first games on the site to under 1200s and a few more to under 1500s. Although those were a tad more than year ago its hard to believe that someone could go from having their a*** handed to them by a 1200 to quite happily tearing apart 2000s and higher in that amount of time. I strongly suspect that if I could be bothered going through his 10-15th game on the site he'd magically managed to go from dropping pieces and being mated in 1 to the chess killing machine he is today.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
25 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Bedlam
One of my opponents who is pretty much hammering me in my usual opening of choice, lost quite a few of his first games on the site to under 1200s and a few more to under 1500s. Although those were a tad more than year ago its hard to believe that someone could go from having their a*** handed to them by a 1200 to quite happily tearing apart 2000s and higher naged to go from dropping pieces and being mated in 1 to the chess killing machine he is today.
practice shows it takes roughly 1½-2 years of hard work to get to 1800. then the improvement gets hard and time consuming. and I know that's not even close to enough to 'hammering' players like you.

then again, it's possible to have health issues which could prevent any kind of rational thinking, or even remembering things you already knew about chess. then you could overcome the health issues, clear your head, and start playing better again.

highly unlikely though, and I doubt there has ever been a case like that on rhp. 🙂

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
25 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by wormwood
practice shows it takes roughly 1½-2 years of hard work to get to 1800. then the improvement gets hard and time consuming. and I know that's not even close to enough to 'hammering' players like you.[/i]

then again, it's possible to have health issues which could prevent any kind of rational thinking, or even remembering things you already [ ...[text shortened]... gain.

highly unlikely though, and I doubt there has ever been a case like that on rhp. 🙂
I recollect a very highly rated player who has now disappeared who alledgedly had health issues. He has not been banned so I cannot mention names.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
25 Jun 08

I recollect a very highly rated player who has now disappeared who alledgedly had health issues. He has not been banned so I cannot mention names.
I meant users who start out as stone cold 1200's, then suddenly improve to a solid 2200 or so in some relatively short period... if my psychic powers serve me, you mean a user who was strong to begin with, right?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
25 Jun 08

Originally posted by wormwood
I meant users who start out as stone cold 1200's, then suddenly improve to a solid 2200 or so in some relatively short period... if my psychic powers serve me, you mean a user who was strong to begin with, right?
Who appeared to be strong but who some users felt was not genuine.

Personally I had no reason to doubt him having got at least 1 draw and having chances in other games.

Of course the reason he has disappeared may be because he was 100% genuine and his serious health issues got the better of him and he is with us no more.

Perhaps we should have an Obituary Forum?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
25 Jun 08

Who appeared to be strong but who some users felt was not genuine.

Personally I had no reason to doubt him having got at least 1 draw and having chances in other games.

Of course the reason he has disappeared may be because he was 100% genuine and his serious health issues got the better of him and he is with us no more.

Perhaps we should have an Obituary Forum?
you mean a Good Riddance Forum? 🙂