1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 12:50
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Erm, no. Shogi is played on a 9x9 (unchequered) board.
    Dab ym🙂 9X9 it is, miscounted.
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 14:22
    His games in the blitz earlier this year. https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/garrys-comeback/

Not bad for a politician or whatever Kasparov has been doing since 2005.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:36
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Deep Blue is thinking is of making a comeback as well.
    So 'm I...
  4. NSW
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 21:02
    Kasparov himself said that he's keeping his expectations for the tournament in line with his "senior amateur status". Personally, I can't wait for this event ...he has been responsible for some of the most entertaining and nail-biting chess games in history.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 12:421 edit
    Originally posted by Sigmund Freud
    Kasparov himself said that he's keeping his expectations for the tournament in line with his "senior amateur status". Personally, I can't wait for this event ...he has been responsible for some of the most entertaining and nail-biting chess games in history.
    I remember him describing some 2650 players as 'enthusiastic amateurs'. Second tier for sure but would kick butt in any club.
  6. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 16:13
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Deep Blue is thinking is of making a comeback as well.
    I hear Watson will be its second
  7. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 16:14
    I'm surprised Kasparov stayed away for so long to be honest. I thought he would leave it for a couple of years then make a comeback.
  8. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 18:18
    Originally posted by congruent
    I'm surprised Kasparov stayed away for so long to be honest. I thought he would leave it for a couple of years then make a comeback.
    The Master is back. Could he possibly be still on the ball to regain the world title?
  9. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 18:46
    Originally posted by Steve45
    The Master is back. Could he possibly be still on the ball to regain the world title?
    I think if he competes in the candidates, he would have as much chance of winning the world championship as any of the current top contenders: So, Kramnik, Caruana, Karjakin, Aronian. If he gets to keep his rating (2812) and competes in the World Cup as an Organizer Nominee he would qualify for the candidates, but that is his only route to the 2018 series.
  10. e4
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 20:21
    You have to qualify for the candidates but there is always one
    spot open for a wildcard usually chosen by the host country,
    last year it was held in Moscow and the wild card was Aronian.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 18:04
    GK is a turd from Botvinnik's arrs. More than a bad man, he sold shreds of his soul to the Devil. I don't give a fyk if he's going to make comeback. Everyone who ever played against him testified that they'd felt an intense stream of evil energy as they were mentally raped. GK is a spiritual bully, he was just a BB's (Baturinsky.Botvinnik) weapon their ego-trip-dolly to make Karpov's life miserable, he was a mean of personal revenge of lowest level. He is a malice's product, he is a kind of Nash character in "From Russia With Love" by Ian Fleming.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 18:16
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    GK is a turd from Botvinnik's arrs. More than a bad man, he sold shreds of his soul to the Devil. I don't give a fyk if he's going to make comeback. Everyone who ever played against him testified that they'd felt an intense stream of evil energy as they were mentally raped. GK is a spiritual bully, he was just a BB's (Baturinsky.Botvinnik) weapon their e ...[text shortened]... is a malice's product, he is a kind of Nash character in "From Russia With Love" by Ian Fleming.
    Tell us what you really think
  13. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 21:21
    GK is a turd from Botvinnik's arrs. More than a bad man, he sold shreds of his soul to the Devil. I don't give a fyk if he's going to make comeback. Everyone who ever played against him testified that they'd felt an intense stream of evil energy as they were mentally raped. GK is a spiritual bully, he was just a BB's (Baturinsky.Botvinnik) weapon their e ...[text shortened]... is a malice's product, he is a kind of Nash character in "From Russia With Love" by Ian Fleming.
    What the hell are you on about?
  14. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 02:31
    This is why I always read VdV's comments. Never know what you're going to get. Mentally raped! How exactly does that work? Not that I'm disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to understand.
  15. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 09:50
    So, you don't like him then?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree