Game collection books

Game collection books

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
28 Apr 18

Are there any books available featuring game collections of specific openings? i.e French, Sicilian, Ruy Lopez etc. Many books are available with lengthy analysis of the opening moves of course, but a book of 100-500 games featuring my chosen openings would be a big help.

s
The Mighty Messenger

The Wood of N'Kai

Moves
29 Apr 18

Try the Trends series. Although they are seriously dated, they each contain 100 games on a particular variation.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @sundown316
Try the Trends series. Although they are seriously dated, they each contain 100 games on a particular variation.
Thanks

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @mchill
Are there any books available featuring game collections of specific openings? i.e French, Sicilian, Ruy Lopez etc. Many books are available with lengthy analysis of the opening moves of course, but a book of 100-500 games featuring my chosen openings would be a big help.
Nowadays practically any opening book will suit. Most authors use annotated games to convey analysis, as lines of analysis in a book mean little in the computer age, and are dated before they even make print.