Fritz 12 Problem

Fritz 12 Problem

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Framingham, MA

Moves
27 Feb 10

Got Fritz 12, installed it and activated it. It runs, Fritz talks to me, I can paste a game....

But- when I try to update it tells me I have ver 1 and ver 7 is available- but is totally unable to connect to the server to perform the update (Error 0). Clearly, since I was able to activate, and it can advise me of the latest version, it can get to the i'net from my computer.

Also, cannot save a game, create new database, or do any of the really essential things.

Anyone else have similar prob? Could it be associated with running on a 64-bit system?I could prob install on my old system.....

Contacted Chessbase, but no reply so far. Most annoying!

MR

Moves
27 Feb 10

Originally posted by rapabst
Got Fritz 12, installed it and activated it. It runs, Fritz talks to me, I can paste a game....

But- when I try to update it tells me I have ver 1 and ver 7 is available- but is totally unable to connect to the server to perform the update (Error 0). Clearly, since I was able to activate, and it can advise me of the latest version, it can get to the i'net ...[text shortened]... prob install on my old system.....

Contacted Chessbase, but no reply so far. Most annoying!
I don't have Fritz 12, so I can't help directly. But I don't think it's because of your 64-bit system, since Windows 7 is the preferred OS. Here's a link with the system requirements, along with a number of video tutorials for installing, configuring, etc.

http://www.chessbase.com/shop/product.asp?pid=467&user=%20&coin=

P.S. You'll want to ditch the talking part of Fritz, since that gets old after about, oh, say 5 minutes. 😞