French Defense

French Defense

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
26 Nov 06

Sorry, I haven't had the time to browse this way for a while - is this game still on, or has MPP declined the challenge?

Moves
26 Nov 06

Given that hes managed to ignore my playchess handle for a good few weeks now I guess not. 😛

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
26 Nov 06
1 edit

Ah, that's a shame, I was looking forward to learning something from those matches. I ask in all innocence because I was just browsing another thread a moment ago and I noticed MPP castigating everyone on here as (amongst many other things) cowardly. I guess a taxonomist would file that away under the category "experiential observations".

Moves
26 Nov 06

Looking at MMP's real life ratings the games would be close, but he hasnt made much progess in chess for 6 years (about 60 points). I doubt he ever will, id probably win now and in a years time I imagine id just hammer him silly. The offer is always open should he ever want to try 🙂

O

Moves
26 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bedlam
Given that hes managed to ignore my playchess handle for a good few weeks now I guess not. 😛
Lol, reading all these posts in this thread just makes me laugh. It's all about style like other decent fellows have mentioned - try telling a certain Mr Karpov that 1... c5 is better than 1... c6 against 1. e4!! Me, myself I play 3. e5 against the French cos I like the resulting positions from it - it doesn't necessarily mean it's the strongest move, just love the flavour of the positions arising from it. Just enjoy your chess - there's more to life than squabbling over a move with that person.

Moves
26 Nov 06

Originally posted by Oddjob291
Lol, reading all these posts in this thread just makes me laugh. It's all about style like other decent fellows have mentioned - try telling a certain Mr Karpov that 1... c5 is better than 1... c6 against 1. e4!! Me, myself I play 3. e5 against the French cos I like the resulting positions from it - it doesn't necessarily mean it's the strongest move, just ...[text shortened]... . Just enjoy your chess - there's more to life than squabbling over a move with that person.
Um I know its a case of style. I pointed out that people who play Nd2 maybe have a different objective to those who play Nc3.