firefox browser

firefox browser

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
28 Apr 06

Anybody using Firefox as their web browser. Are there any problems with RHP, concerning javascript, etc.? Thinking about replacing Internet Explorer. Thx

m

Ivry sur Seine

Moves
28 Apr 06

I've a little problem with firefox, when i can't use the menu "My home, My settings New game Forums Community Help." in this menu, only the home icon and the "games waiting" "unread messages" and "log out" works.

But all functionnality (except the help) can be used in an other way, so it doesn't mind, even if that can perturb you the first times.

I Hope I help you.

dsR

Big D

Moves
28 Apr 06

I use Firefox and haven't experienced any problems.

S

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
I use Firefox and haven't experienced any problems.
ditto

z

Moves
28 Apr 06

No problems here. Whoever had the issues, what version are you running?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
28 Apr 06

I have no problems with Firefox either. You probably have an old version so upgrading to the latest should solve the problem; there was a security alert recently so it's probably a good idea anyway.

N

The sky

Moves
28 Apr 06

No problems here either. Go for it, and then install Greasemonkey and check out ouroboros' user scripts. They add a lot of functionality to RHP (or TFC, RHC, or CAW).

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
28 Apr 06

.enif gnikrow eb ot smees tI .xoferif ot dehctiws yltnecer I

*kidding* It works great. 🙂

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
28 Apr 06

I just downloaded firefox. Now i have both browsers, so if issues do come up i can switch to the other. as a computer illiterate, i'm always leery of taking a step like this in case anything goes wrong, so i must to the wise. So far, however, everything has worked fine. Thanks for info everybody.

p

Parallel Universe

Moves
28 Apr 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Shinidoki
ditto
ditto that ditto.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by Shinidoki
ditto
I second that ditto.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by ChessJester
I second that ditto.
third (or fourth)

I have problems when I use Explorer (no tabbed browsing, and lots of security holes). Firefox works fine.

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by buddy2
I just downloaded firefox. Now i have both browsers, so if issues do come up i can switch to the other. as a computer illiterate, i'm always leery of taking a step like this in case anything goes wrong, so i must to the wise. So far, however, everything has worked fine. Thanks for info everybody.
You will need IE to access certain websites which have not been programmed (right word?) to accept Firefox. Also you will find you need it for Windows Update and to download extra functionality for Microsoft programs such as the Office suite, as propietary ActiveX controls are used.

e

Moves
29 Apr 06

Firefox is the way to go! Make the switch. I did and never had problems like I did with IE.

r

Sabah, Malaysia

Moves
29 Apr 06

me too using firefox and is ok with me, no problems....
anyway, IE take some time to load the page and it can't open tabs. But, firefox can open tabs and it is faster.