Everyday

Everyday

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E
my pimp hand's strng

kinda like my homies

Moves
21 Apr 07

I hope you are happy now Lolette. 😛 I write this so that you can chill about this whole stupid trash-talking. 🙂 Chill.
About my game with Jfkjmh - don't sweat it, Jf. The fact that I was in hospital was crystal clear in my vacation setting. You knew it and it doesn't matter at all. I ran out of time, you timed out - nothing wrong with that and I don't care that you did. But...
Don't try to act like you didn't know when we all know it was about an unbeaten record. I'm not angry because of the timeout. I signed up for a tournament. I ran out of time. It was legit timing me out - end of story. (Truth to be told I thought I would be back from hospital sooner.) You can say all you want, but had you really wanted resign you would have done it ages before I got to hospital. I repeat. I have no hard feelings for the timeout. But I will never like the way how you take a page that is solely for fun - and which I consider far from dead serious - this serious.
About hernia: having a hernia doesn't mean you need instant operating - you only need that if things get serious (my father had that and his left leg is stayed a little numb after the operation for ever). I've stayed home in bed for two months before the operation hoping I can avoid it. If I could build my muscles aroud the hernia up I might have avoided getting operated. For two months I stayed in bed 24/7 with a wireless mouse and keyboard with nothing to do all day but watching tv and playing chess on the web.
About tactics... Someone has serious problems with defining things. It might be me... But for me a combination that wins material is not tactics. Tactics is when you sacrifice something for your long term plans without instant material regain. I might be wrong but I would bet my whole year's income no program could find most of those on your personal home PC as fast as a grandmaster or international master - or some even lower rater players. If you don't understand or start to argue about this - don't sweat it, don't argue for two thighs. First because you did not understand what I meant and second I don't care.
With these definitions out of the way. You can suspect me, you can think I'm a cheater. You can say I'm a cheater. I don't mind. Think what you want, it won't change truth, just as my words wouldn't change what you think - pretty much evened out. It's up to you and not only do I not mind it, I don't even care. You can't be sure if someone is a cheater. There were players I thought were cheater and now I would bet may hand that they are not. And there were players I was sure were not cheaters and they ended up banned. You can't be sure. And read this a couple of times: you can't be sure. Because that means you cannot be sure someone is a cheater either. Just about every reason why you could say one's a cheater could be said as a reason why they are not. So chill. Enjoy chess, have a healthy life, and keep caring more about my rating than I do. It makes me laugh - and I like to laugh.
I love chess. Every aspect and every tiny bit of it. And I won't talk about it with people who doesn't intend to listen to what I say, but only to how they could trash-talk something about it.
If you want to reply to this - I won't read it. I just hope Lolette won't concern herself that much about how I don't react to things like this and will care less, herself. 😉

Oh and a quote for you from Foamy:
It's called life. Deal with it.

PS: I know a guy. He was on the hungarian olympic team for wrestling. He happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now after an accident he only lives because his neck-muscles were so damned thick and strong. He won't ever be wrestling again. And he will always know more about wrestling than most of you together. Rings a bell, eh?

z

Moves
21 Apr 07

Welcome everyday. No one is here to say you are a cheater. As i explained by PM to Lollete, I don't have a problem with you only with your comments. As someone explained on my blog, it may be because English is not your first language. They likened the scenario to me posting on a Hungarian website.
We used to have this discussion on the forum but it was deleted leading me to posting it on my blog.

A

Moves
21 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by EveRyDay
...About tactics... Someone has serious problems with defining things. It might be me... But for me a combination that wins material is not tactics. Tactics is when you sacrifice something for your long term plans without instant material regain. I might be wrong but I would bet my whole year's income no program could find most of those on your personal home P ot understand what I meant and second I don't care.
With these definitions out of the way. ...
I have no desire to get into the other issues in your post, but with regards to your definition of tactics, I believe you are completely mistaken. Most authors will use the words "tactics" or "combination" almost interchangeably. What you define as tactics is usually referred to as a (long-term) positional sacrifice and this falls under the realm of strategy, not tactics. However, that being said that we disagree on the definitions, we do agree on your assertion that a strong human player will seriously consider a positional sacrifice before a computer program will.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

London

Moves
22 Apr 07

Originally posted by wormwood
I very much doubt that most of the banned cheaters were what they claimed to be. if you think about your regular internet trolls, most of them act some kind of a fictional role. I see no reason to think that the same wouldn't apply to cheaters. and actually, they quite often get caught from the role when their act slips. like 'jean hebert' writing in broken ...[text shortened]... of the role. the numbers are the only thing that matters, anything else can be faked.
The question as to why people cheat - and put so much effort into cheating - had been nagging me for some time and I find this a very feasible explanation. And that's why it's so frustrating because they are not playing chess at all...they are just role playing and the chess is a secondary activity. They desire to get the most out of pretending - a make believe invented character. So when they get booted off it's probably little more distressing to them than losing a life on a computer game...and as wormwood suggested they can just re-spawn.

I wonder if they can recognise each other? Maybe some of them secretly know each other and have little background games and challenges going on. Maybe we should get one to work with the moderators...

E

Moves
25 Apr 07

everyday's rating is now dropped down to 2197

S

Moves
25 Apr 07

Originally posted by EmLasker
Probably due to not knowing a combination is a tactic involving a sac & not understanding the difference between tactics & strategy?

R

Moves
25 Apr 07

😲

Looks like a bunch of time outs. He had winning positions in these games.

Game 3280778
Game 3280777

G

Moves
25 Apr 07

who cares?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
25 Apr 07

Originally posted by Ramiri15
😲

Looks like a bunch of time outs. He had winning positions in these games.

Game 3280778
Game 3280777
Yep - He lost by timeout 2 games against me today.

Game 3399158
Game 3399157

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
25 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Probably due to not knowing a combination is a tactic involving a sac & not understanding the difference between tactics & strategy?
It's just lucky that you are here then isn't it. Perhaps you can PM him and you can give him the benefit of all your wisdom. I'm sure that he would be very grateful and soon see his elementary mistakes with your assistance...

I would say that AlboMalapropFoozer got it right - so people might disagree on the definitions, but what is more important is that they can use them correctly in a game.

Y'know, it never ceases to amaze me how hung up people get on terminology. So a guy posts in a language foreign to him and all you want to do is pick him up on the minute details of the differences between sacrificial combinations and tactics. Perhaps you could do the same in Hungarian and we'll see if you can get your grammar correct.

S

Moves
25 Apr 07

I take your point, but his English is pretty good & I just found it odd that his definitions were so against the grain.
Maybe he has never read a chess book in English, a chess website etc & hasn't seen the words "tactic" "strategy" or "combination" & their meanings.

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
26 Apr 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Maybe he has never read a chess book in English, a chess website etc & hasn't seen the words "tactic" "strategy" or "combination" & their meanings.
This is probably very true. It's also worth remembering that many Europeans learn English less formally with a lot of input from America - certainly in the form of spellings and the like. EveRyDay talks alot about deep analysation in our private forum and I'm sure that it is his higher knowledge of deep positional tactics that he refers to as opposed to 2-3 move combinations leading to a fork.