Do no one read anymore?

Do no one read anymore?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
25 May 07
1 edit

This happen a hell lot of times. I post an open invite with the notice "finish at one sitting please". And the moment they accept it, they will go offline and only return the next day.

i

Moves
25 May 07

you might want to read a book...on grammar..πŸ˜›

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
25 May 07

Originally posted by Riddle2007
This happen a hell lot of times. I post an open invite with the notice "finish at one sitting please". And the moment they accept it, they will go offline and only return the next day.
The phrase 'one sitting" is probably part of the problem in the context of correspondence chess played with people around the world in many time zones. The answer is possbily to either play blitz with long time controls or set games with 1 day timeout without time bank?

d

Moves
25 May 07
1 edit

you're certainly right, last night I had my own little open invite adventure, and after more than 6 tries of trying to play against a stronger 1600 (or up) opponent, I concluded people do these kind of things on purpose, just to sabotage.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
25 May 07

Originally posted by jvanhine
You might want to get one on punctuation, unless you want to keep looking like a hypocritical moron.

STS

Moves
25 May 07

Originally posted by jvanhine
He's from malaysia, cut him some slack.....let's see you write in his language and see how well you do.

a

Moves
25 May 07

I've found that one sitting isn't realistic to expect from open invites. On occasions where you find a fast mover, just challenge him when you need a fast game. It's understandable, these games aren't supposed to be played fast. However, you should at least be able to make a couple moves after accepting the invite. The player who accepts and does not make a single move is very annoying, and I usually just trash it.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
25 May 07

you should try blitz

p
chaotic patzer

Campinas, SP; Brazil

Moves
25 May 07

Originally posted by diskamyl
you're certainly right, last night I had my own little open invite adventure, and after more than 6 tries of trying to play against a stronger 1600 (or up) opponent, I concluded people do these kind of things on purpose, just to sabotage.
I think under Advanced Options you can set it so only those meeting your requirements can select the game

i

Moves
25 May 07

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
He's from malaysia, cut him some slack.....let's see you write in his language and see how well you do.
sorry, he said do no one read anymore...i couldnt help it...

p
chaotic patzer

Campinas, SP; Brazil

Moves
26 May 07

Geez that was polite when you consider I was going to fire back with "Me fail English? That's unpossible!!"

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
26 May 07
1 edit

If they do that, just put them on your ignore list. πŸ˜‰

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 07

i recommend using Blitz (it's on the menu bar now), all those games will finish in one sitting

i

Moves
26 May 07

Originally posted by pawntorook4
Geez that was polite when you consider I was going to fire back with "Me fail English? That's unpossible!!"
πŸ˜€

i

Moves
26 May 07

meh wead a rong time