Do CC players play like engines?

Do CC players play like engines?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by wormwood
he's like a kid who just found a list of logical fallacies in the web, went to bash some half-wit creationists with it, and now thinks he can actually debate. but the sad truth is that simply spilling jargon is a poor substitute for content. it's the pretentious version of sticking fingers in your ears and screaming lalalalala.
ad hominem=logical fallacy.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Korch
Actually game mods have used program (so called Analyser) which allows to analyse large amount of games without too much exertion. With that Analyser analysing of 30 games would take maximum 1-2 days.
i willing to bet that Analyser is simply a piece of over-hyped "gee whiz" rubbish, given it's proponents.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Me too. Though we agreed on many points, now he took a run at me over something as simple as checking for forced moves.
What a pile of specious self-absorbed chickenscratch. i am willing to bet that the definition for what a forced move is varies wildly, so to automatically exclude and/or ignore them seems silly, even if overall percentages drop by very little as you have stated. 😉

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08

You see any benefit to finding forced moves in a game? I have not.
well actually one might look at the engine matchup rates of those same exact continuation moves, after a forced move.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by eldragonfly
i willing to bet that Analyser is simply a piece of over-hyped "gee whiz" rubbish, given it's proponents.
Your childish convulsions will be ignored from now.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
Another thing to consider is that if there were a long enough sequence of forced moves to have a significant effect on the figures that might in itself be evidence of engine use. Humans don't generally find move sequences that are that long, and those that do are generally much stronger than the top players on this site.
don't tell !Tony that, these are precisely the type of games that his silly formula would seek to exclude from engine matchup rate analysis, because they're "theoretical" and all that. 😠

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Korch
Your childish convulsions will be ignored from now.
korch my boy it's obvious that you're not a hands on kind of guy.

J

benching

Moves
17 Jul 08

Is this yet another thread that characterises the obsession with cheats? Acute cheat psychosis may be a symptom of Schizophrenia characterised by :-

- Distorted Perceptions of Reality
- Hallucinations and Illusions
- Delusions

Get this checked out.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
Is this yet another thread that characterises the obsession with cheats? Acute cheat psychosis may be a symptom of Schizophrenia characterised by :-

- Delusions

Get this checked out.
Originally it was not really about cheats. I was trying to test a suggestion that correspondence chess players play more like engines due to the amount of calculation they could potentially do. Since then the cheat paranoia has crept in.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Jie

- Delusions

Get this checked out.
Hardly a delusional psychosis, otherwise chess.com and ICC wouldn't have layers of software in place to detect engine cheats. On the whole i would have to say that your imbecilic statement is rather foolish and counter-productive.

J

benching

Moves
17 Jul 08

Hardly a delusional psychosis, otherwise chess.com and ICC wouldn't have layers of software in place to detect engine cheats. On the whole i would have to say that your embicilic statement is rather foolish and counter-productive.
Professional help is available before you start frothing at the mouth. Disordered thinking and emotional expressiveness are the last stages before you slip down the road.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
Professional help is available before you start frothing at the mouth. Disordered thinking and emotional expressiveness are the last stages before you slip down the road.
ahhhh... i was waiting for this.... the holy grail of the magic manchild insults... the internet meds game. 🙁

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Kepler
Originally it was not really about cheats. I was trying to test a suggestion that correspondence chess players play more like engines due to the amount of calculation they could potentially do. Since then the cheat paranoia has crept in.
Engines play more like engines than CC players. I've played OTB games where I matched about 60%, others where I matched 30. If a CC player were to match an engine most all of the time consistently I'd be a bit worried about them.

Engines evaluate millions of positions, people don't.

P-

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
17 Jul 08

Uhhhh, his measure, as false and idiotic as it is, is meant to be an excuse to exclude certain openings from engine match up rates. Surely even you must realize how stoopid this is. 🙄
This parameter applies solely to moves after theory ends. The game mods have done this since the beginning, as should everyone that looks at a game. The Analyzer Gatecrasher made does this automatically. You'd catch no one if you asked what an engine thought of 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. 0-0 Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 d6 8. c3 0-0 9. h3 Na5 10. Bc2 c5 11. d4 Qc7 12. Nbd2 cxd4 13. cxd4 Nc6 14. Nb3 a5 15. Be3 a4 16. Nbd2. Junior 9 doesn't even pick half of these moves as it's first choice, while a human could look up every single one of these. In fact, theory goes on much farther in this line.

Anyway, I'm done with your juvenile games, this is officially my last post responding to this half wit. Hopefully everyone in this thread will do the same, and he'll leave and try to get himself off somewhere else.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 Jul 08

Engines play more like engines than CC players. I've played OTB games where I matched about 60%, others where I matched 30. If a CC player were to match an engine most all of the time consistently I'd be a bit worried about them.

Engines evaluate millions of positions, people don't.

P-
I know. I wasn't the one making the suggestion. I don't think Berliner plays like an engine even though he matches more than 80%. As far as I can see the top flight CC players still don't play like engines even though they use engines to aid their analysis. Players at our level using and engine are a completely different matter.