Digital mercy

Digital mercy

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

king of vectors

center squares :p

Moves
03 Apr 18

Ha i bet this has'nt been typed about, has anyone besides me ever offered a draw to a complete stranger simply because they felt for whatever reason, that they didn't want to chkm8te them ? the handfull of times i've done this is usually out of respect for a tremendous effort at defense, & perhaps a few lovely ladys who chatted me up : }

What a wonderful if whacky enterprise chess is; for 2 very physically separated strangers to do ... to converge & joust under severely restrictive rules ... & a joust that the vast majority of our species is largely ignorant of ... as the french & quebecians purportedly say;
jusqu'à la prochaine foisau revoir. : }

Moves
03 Apr 18
2 edits

Tabarnak de foie gras!

No, I only offer draws when I'm out of good moves and hope that the other player feels the same way for their side. Sometimes I do feel a slight twinge of pity and loss when executing checkmate, but of course I also admire good play by a difficult opponent, especially if we are evenly matched and have both been on the verge of checkmating each other for several moves.

As for being swayed by flirtation, so far none of the guys has flirted with me (that I know of), and if they had, I would have seen it as a sign of doubt in their own chess abilities. Heartless and cruel am I to the wiles of flirty guys (and gals).

The King of Board

Solar System

Moves
05 Apr 18

I totally don't know who is the other person.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
05 Apr 18

Originally posted by @elassasino
Ha i bet this has'nt been typed about, has anyone besides me ever offered a draw to a complete stranger simply because they felt for whatever reason, that they didn't want to chkm8te them ? the handfull of times i've done this is usually out of respect for a tremendous effort at defense, & perhaps a few lovely ladys who chatted me up : }

What a won ...[text shortened]... of ... as the french & quebecians purportedly say;
jusqu'à la prochaine foisau revoir. : }
No. Call me rigid if you will, but much as I might respect my opponents fighting spirit, or women who play chess, I enter tournaments to compete. I welcome a bit of friendly chat, or better still, some post game analysis, but when I'm on the clock I don't give away 1/2 points just because I like someone.