CTS or Chess Tempo?

CTS or Chess Tempo?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
04 Nov 08

Hi everyone,

Just been using chess tempo after having used cts for a while and have to say I enjoy it more. Nicer interface, feels a lot more relaxed due to harsh time constraints - I mean, I know it's good to recognise tactical opportunities quickly but getting marked down after 3 seconds thinking time? Give me a break.

So, which do you prefer and why?

E

Moves
05 Nov 08

Originally posted by lordgledhill
Hi everyone,

Just been using chess tempo after having used cts for a while and have to say I enjoy it more. Nicer interface, feels a lot more relaxed due to harsh time constraints - I mean, I know it's good to recognise tactical opportunities quickly but getting marked down after 3 seconds thinking time? Give me a break.

never tried chess tempo, cts is good for me. I'm rated 1591

M

St. Paul, Minnesota

Moves
05 Nov 08
1 edit

At this point, I prefer Chess Tempo, exactly because the time constraints. At some point, though, when I am trying to increase my speed, I will spend more time back at CTS I think.

I also like the fact that Chess Tempo gives you "that was a good move, but not the computer's first choice. Try again"

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
05 Nov 08

Originally posted by MrHand
I also like the fact that Chess Tempo gives you "that was a good move, but not the computer's first choice. Try again"
that's usually the point where I respond: "no, that's THE best move, and you should've let the engine run longer or discard the ambiguous problem." 🙂

M

St. Paul, Minnesota

Moves
05 Nov 08

Originally posted by wormwood
that's usually the point where I respond: "no, that's THE best move, and you should've let the engine run longer or discard the ambiguous problem." 🙂
haha. Well, after looking a little longer, each time I've said, the computer is right...that is a much better move. Someday I hope to be at your level where I feel more confident in telling the computer off.

IC

Moves
06 Nov 08

Originally posted by lordgledhill
Hi everyone,

I have no clue what you're talking about.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Nov 08

Originally posted by Ice Cold
I have no clue what you're talking about.
If I am not mistaken, he is talking about chess tempo.

E

Moves
06 Nov 08

chess tempo is way overrated, after 30 problems, I'm rated 2035...
I'm only 1588 on CTS

e

Moves
06 Nov 08
1 edit

It's not overrated, it's just a different rating system with a different pool. It makes no sense to assume that the ratings should somehow be equivalent anymore than I'd expect my online ratings to be the same as my OTB ratings. Anyway, I like CTS better right now because the correct solution tends to be less ambiguous.