CT-ART 3.0/Computer query

CT-ART 3.0/Computer query

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
01 Jul 08
1 edit

I have two problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recently on CT ART, whenever I input a move, the notation window displays some weird characters instead of the normal figurine algebraic notation. For example, instead displaying a figurine king in the notation window, it comes up with c/b1 - there's something wrong with the font I think, I'm not sure. Any idea how to correct this??

The second problem is that after solving exercise 461, it does not register it as 'correct', so everytime I click 'practice', it does not go to the next exercise, always exercise 460. Whenever I solve eercise 461, it doesn't come up with the smiley face to say the exercise has been solved.

Thanks for your time.

Skims πŸ™‚

rc

Moves
01 Jul 08

Originally posted by skims

Recently on CT ART, whenever I input a move, the notation window displays some weird characters instead of the normal figurine algebraic notation. For example, instead displaying a figurine king in the notation window, it comes up with c/b1 - there's something wrong with the font I think, I'm not s ...[text shortened]... the smiley face to say the exercise has been solved.

Thanks for your time.

Skims πŸ™‚
I also had this problem myself, and sometimes when i completed an exercise the pieces would move ultra fast.

k

Moves
01 Jul 08

Same here.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
01 Jul 08

Same here; don't let it drive you loco and enjoy the combinationsπŸ™‚

S

Moves
01 Jul 08

I have to say, I just checked mine & it's fine.
It's a fairly old copy though.
Were the "problem" CT-Arts the downloads from the Convekta website or the actual CD?

s

Moves
01 Jul 08

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
I have to say, I just checked mine & it's fine.
It's a fairly old copy though.
Were the "problem" CT-Arts the downloads from the Convekta website or the actual CD?
the actual CD πŸ™

S

Moves
01 Jul 08

the actual CD πŸ™
Oh.
All I can suggest is to go to C-Drive & remove it completely then re-install it.
Do you have Vista maybe that's the problem? (it is with everything else!)

s

Moves
01 Jul 08

yes I've got Vista, why would that be a problem? lol

S

Moves
01 Jul 08

Because a multitude of programs don't work properly with it!
I haven't heard of this problem with CT-Art before. It would be interesting if someone who had it on XP then tried it with Vista.
I have a sneaky suspicion we've found the cause of the problem.

s

Moves
01 Jul 08

It has been working fine for many months. It's just for the past few days it's been like this πŸ˜•

S

Moves
01 Jul 08

It has been working fine for many months. It's just for the past few days it's been like this πŸ˜•
Ok.
I'd go for the removal/re-install then.

i

Moves
01 Jul 08

I don't have it in front of me, but I know there's a setting in the preferences related to the font issue. I'm not sure if you can just avoid it by changing to the letter notation instead of the figures or what, but I remember that somehow you can resolve the font problem there.

d

Moves
01 Jul 08
2 edits

Recently on CT ART, whenever I input a move, the notation window displays some weird characters instead of the normal figurine algebraic notation. For example, instead displaying a figurine king in the notation window, it comes up with c/b1 - there's something wrong with the font I think, I'm not s the smiley face to say the exercise has been solved.

Thanks for your time.

Skims πŸ™‚
it had happenned to me when I had uninstalled a chess program. probably it had deleted the common font files on its way. somehow your font files shold have gone missing too.

If you could locate the font files in the CT-Art setup directory, you may copy them into c:\windows\fonts.

if none of this works, I could send you my font files.

z

Moves
01 Jul 08

Options > Language. Choose your preferred setting or edit the symbols manually (user defined row).

My problem is that the pieces in the mini-board (5x5?) are extremely slow.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
01 Jul 08

there's no problems with vista + ct-art. the various things that don't work in ct-art work equally badly on other os' as well.

don't know about the font thing, but the 460-problem is something you'll just have to live with. I suggest you keep track of the problem number manually, write it down in a text file.

ct-art is one of the worst coded piece of chess software there is, but it does its training job well. you'll just have to get used to the various annoyances...