1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '11 16:34
    In my games I have 2 tournie games going but it is suspicious, it says it is round one of a 2010 tournament but the guy I am 'playing' is pihen, who is rated 1000 or so and he is paired with me, rated 1700+. He has only one game going, against me, it's his move on both his boards, one white, one black, but all of the games on several pages of his games have all been time out losses. So he hasn't made moves in a long time. It seems odd on several fronts. It seems to be a real tournament setup 3/7 because there is no 'delete game' button but I checked current tournies active now and onlyl found a 2010 tournie around page 75 of the tournament list. It seems like this is bogus. Any mods out there? Can you check this out? I sent a message to the feedback area but have not gotten a reply. Thanks.
  2. Delft, Netherlands
    Moves
    20 May '11 16:47
    What I think happened is this: You entered this tourney a long long time ago. (the name is 2010 tourney after all) This is a private tournament, it started 13 May '11 because there weren't enough players to start it sooner. He left the site half a year ago and wont move. Probably you will be able to claim the win at the 23rd of May or auto-timeout at the 25th.

Conclusion: Be patient and claim when possible.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 May '11 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In my games I have 2 tournie games going but it is suspicious, it says it is round one of a 2010 tournament but the guy I am 'playing' is pihen, who is rated 1000 or so and he is paired with me, rated 1700+. He has only one game going, against me, it's his move on both his boards, one white, one black, but all of the games on several pages of his games have check this out? I sent a message to the feedback area but have not gotten a reply. Thanks.
    I'm afraid to say that 'pjhen' died some months ago...you are actually scheduled to play another in which he also entered last year. I think the club boss needs notifying of this, I doubt there is anything he can do though.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '11 01:25
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I'm afraid to say that 'pjhen' died some months ago...you are actually scheduled to play another in which he also entered last year. I think the club boss needs notifying of this, I doubt there is anything he can do though.
    This is a slightly bizarre situation. How can I tell who set this up? Is this a clan tournie?
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    21 May '11 01:521 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I am sorry to hear that. In a relatively anonymous online community, it is easy to forget that life and death both go on beyond the game.

Paul

Edit: Here's his last win- a checkmate as black with two queens.

[Event "April 2010 Threesomes III"]
    [Site "http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com"]
    [Date "2010.09.09"]
    [EndDate "2010.12.01"]
    [Round "2"]
    [White "Arayn"]
    [Black "pjhen"]
    [WhiteRating "1357"]
    [BlackRating "1021"]
    [WhiteELO "1357"]
    [BlackELO "1021"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [GameId "7751700"]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree