Chess

Chess

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by Kristaps
Once chess has gotten its hooks into you, it's pretty hard to get rid of it. There are many kinds of treatment (e.g. extensive search for another hobby) but they don't always work.
i agree it does really get you hooked on it like an addiction

h

Moves
01 Oct 09

I initiated this thread with the highest expectations, hoping for a wide range of explanations what people think of what Chess is, why they play it, what makes it so wonderful.....

But instead I got a sad bunch of cliche and moreover untrue replies - chess is intellectually challenging, chess is art, chess is a game of war... Bleghghgh. Can anybody help us out of this stalemate situation?

C
Strategos

Ancient Greece

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by heinzkat
I initiated this thread with the highest expectations, hoping for a wide range of explanations what people think of what Chess is, why they play it, what makes it so wonderful.....

But instead I got a sad bunch of cliche and moreover untrue replies - chess is intellectually challenging, chess is art, chess is a game of war... Bleghghgh. Can anybody help us out of this stalemate situation?
I prefer to solve more pragmatic chess tasks, instead of wasting my time to search for exact definitions.

h

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by Cimon
I prefer to solve more pragmatic chess tasks, instead of wasting my time to search for exact definitions.
Rec'd 😀

h

Moves
01 Oct 09
1 edit

Yes, I too prefer thinking about chess matters over communicating. Isn't that sad?

o
Art is hard

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by heinzkat
Advanced reasoning ... there is this thing called time, so let's waste it. There is this thing called chess, so let's play it.
yes, that's it exactly. There is time and there is chess. So why don't we use both? There is no need for a reason

o
Art is hard

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by isa04
i wanna to play chess to you
sory, I'm currently trying to reduce my gameload

h

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by isa04
i wanna to play chess to you