Chess Systems - Are they any worth?

Chess Systems - Are they any worth?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
29 Apr 08
1 edit

The Colle System (1 d4 2 Nf3 3 e3 4 Bd3) is a very solid system that will usually yield White a small advantage in the opening without having to spend and hours studying "theory." One of the problems with the Colle System is that it is ineffective against certain defenses like the Dutch Defense and the King's Indian. One idea is to play a Colle System when Black plays 1...d5, but play a Torre Attack (1 d4 2 Nf3 3 Bg5) against Indian defenses. Also, 1 d4 f5 2 Bg5! seems to irriate a lot of Dutch players.

edit: A good little repertoire book is White Opening System Combining: Stonewall Attack, Colle System, Torre Attack by GM Andrew Soltis.

P

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by gaychessplayer
The Colle System (1 d4 2 Nf3 3 e3 4 Bd3) is a very solid system that will usually yield White a small advantage in the opening without having to spend and hours studying "theory." One of the problems with the Colle System is that it is ineffective against certain defenses like the Dutch Defense and the King's Indian. One idea is to play a Colle S ...[text shortened]... ning System Combining: Stonewall Attack, Colle System, Torre Attack[/i] by GM Andrew Soltis.
And what about the London System? I know some strong players say they have problems playing against it... Why is it so hard for Black?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by PedroM
And what about the London System? I know some strong players say they have problems playing against it... Why is it so hard for Black?
Because black can equalise, but they have problems to get initiative. And its really annoying when you are playing against weaker opposition.