Chess Psychology

Chess Psychology

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
30 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
He sounds like a guy with little sense of humor. He must have been a very boring person.
The best psychology OTB is to play a !! very good move, and lightly slam it down, screw it into the board, or simply place it as gently on the board as you can. Then stand and walk away and look at the other player's games as if you've lost interest in your own already won game.

I hate to say it Brocephus, but you don't know chess psychology, may Emanuel Lasker have mercy on your soul.

c

USA

Moves
30 Oct 12

Here is another game, played last night at the Columbia Chess Club, in which I use psychology is used to obtain a winning position.

I have white against Chris Labrecque, USCF rating 1574.

[pgn]
1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 g6 5. Nc3 Bg7 6. Be3 Nf6 7. Nb3 O-O 8. Be2 e6 9. O-O d5 {I know he is expecting 10.exd5 so I start my psycological plan ...[text shortened]... makes things easier for me} 30. b3 Qc8 31. Bd5+ Kf8 32. bxc4 Qc5 33. Re6 {Black resigns}
[/pgn]
Your plan of psychological surprise on move 9 was to drop a pawn?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by chesskid001
Your plan of psychological surprise on move 9 was to drop a pawn?
He might not have taken it. I was attacking his knight and he might have moved it. He is young and only rated 1574. He could have thought it was a trap.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
30 Oct 12

He might not have taken it. I was attacking his knight and he might have moved it. He is young and only rated 1574. He could have thought it was a trap.
Hope chess doesn't work.