1. Joined
    08 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 20:50
    I'm trying to decide how to play against Caro kann advance. What are people's opinion on Caro kann move by move by Cyrus Ladkawala on his lines that he gives particular the short variation.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 22:14
    @wormer said
    I'm trying to decide how to play against Caro kann advance. What are people's opinion on Caro kann move by move by Cyrus Ladkawala on his lines that he gives particular the short variation.
    I've not read this book, but the fact that it encourages the reader to be active in the learning process of the Caro Kann through a question and answer process, rather than simply rote memorization of lines of play should be a real plus.

If you want to play the Caro Kann (my weapon of choice against 1 e4) I highly suggest you check out the Caro Kann games of Anatoly Karpov. This former world champion defeated the very best players in the world many times with this slow developing, but underrated defence.
  3. Joined
    09 Jul '16
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 22:59
    I have great results with 3. ... c5 against the advanced variation.

Keith Arkell plays this variation very well, you might be able to find some games of his using it here:
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chess.pl?page=2&pid=13774&playercomp=black&eco=B10-B19&title=Keith%20Arkell%20playing%20the%20Caro-Kann%20as%20Black
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 19:13
    @mynameisklint
    Like they say, if Bobby can't, Caro kann.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree