Caro-Kann help wanted

Caro-Kann help wanted

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
26 Mar 10

Hey guys ๐Ÿ™‚
So my sister and I went to this competition the other day and I was a judge but she played, and she lost her critical game quite badly.
So she's playing the Caro-Kann because she doesn't like the sicilian and she's actually quite good at the CK.. but she simply got confused for some reason and simply lost.
That's how the game went: ( will be glad if someone can convert it into a board)
1. e4 c6 2. Bd3 d5 3. e5 f6 4. e6 Na6 5. Qa5+ g6 6. B:g6+ a:g6 7. Q:g6 X
So yeah she lost quite badly and it's actually probably because of the f6...
So what would you play after ... 2. Bd3 , and if game continues as it shows, after 3. e5 ?

IC

Moves
26 Mar 10

Anyone that plays the Caro-Kann deserves to lose.

HM

Sรฃo Paulo, Brazil

Moves
26 Mar 10

2 ... e5 is good enough against 2. Bd3.

3 ... f6 loses after 4. Qh5+

4. e6 loses after 4... Bxe6

Then 4 ... Na6 loses the game definitely.

It seems that neither of them really know what's going on. At that level, she shouldn't worry too much about openings. Whoever is better at tactics will win the game; in this case, it was her opponent.

These sites might help:

http://chess.emrald.net/
http://chesstempo.com/

NMD

Moves
26 Mar 10

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by Lidan
So yeah she lost quite badly and it's actually probably because of the f6...
You just answered your own question. ๐Ÿ™‚

MA
Nyuszi, golyรณ!

Moves
26 Mar 10

Obviously she is not quite good in playing Caro kann

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by Lidan
Hey guys ๐Ÿ™‚
So my sister and I went to this competition the other day and I was a judge but she played, and she lost her critical game quite badly.
So she's playing the Caro-Kann because she doesn't like the sicilian and she's actually quite good at the CK.. but she simply got confused for some reason and simply lost.
That's how the game went: ( will be gla ...[text shortened]...
So what would you play after ... 2. Bd3 , and if game continues as it shows, after 3. e5 ?
Hey,

there is Clan 24386 they should be able to help you with anything in Caro-Kann

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by Ponderable
Hey,

there is Clan 24386 they should be able to help you with anything in Caro-Kann
I'd recommend the 'avoiding tactical mistakes' clan instead. ๐Ÿ˜›

IC

Moves
27 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by National Master Dale
[pgn]1. e4 c6 2. Bd3 d5 3. e5 f6 4. e6 Na6 5. Qh5 g6 6. Bxg6+ hxg6 7. Qxg6[/pgn]
6.Qxg6+ is nicer. ๐Ÿ˜›

G

Moves
27 Mar 10

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Anyone that plays the Caro-Kann deserves to lose.
What a load of .......

The caro/kann has plenty of life in it, I play the Bronstein-Larsen systemn against the classical variation and the 3...c5 against the advance, sharp systems that have plenty of life in them. The positional systems also deserve attention, though some people will call anything but the sicilian boring...

IC

Moves
27 Mar 10

Originally posted by Gatusso
What a load of .......

The caro/kann has plenty of life in it, I play the Bronstein-Larsen systemn against the classical variation and the 3...c5 against the advance, sharp systems that have plenty of life in them. The positional systems also deserve attention, though some people will call anything but the sicilian boring...
Well maybe you can show me a thing or two, you know give me some pointers.
Send me a rated 3/7 or longer. Just for my edumaction. ๐Ÿ˜•

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
27 Mar 10

There are Caro Kann support groups all over the United States. They are composed of people from all walks of life, and the locations vary from churchs to hospitals to community centers, etc.

When you walk in, the people will usually be sitting together, sometimes in a circle, and sometimes auditorium style.

When it is your turn to speak, you should say "My name is <insert name here>, and I play the Caro Kann."

Everyone will respond "Hi, <your name>", and you will be on your first step to recovery. Good luck!

M

Moves
27 Mar 10

I used to be a huge fan of the Caro-Kann... but I realized that learning it is not really worth it. White has too many viable ways to play against it, and that is starting from move 2. I can see it's potential if you master the theory all the way to the endgames, but for a club player I think there are some better options.

M

Moves
27 Mar 10

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
There are Caro Kann support groups all over the United States. They are composed of people from all walks of life, and the locations vary from churchs to hospitals to community centers, etc.

When you walk in, the people will usually be sitting together, sometimes in a circle, and sometimes auditorium style.

When it is your turn to speak, you shou ...[text shortened]... will respond "Hi, <your name>", and you will be on your first step to recovery. Good luck!
yeah I remember the time you walked in on our meeting.