Call this an update?!

Call this an update?!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Apr 13

Well, I don't like it! (and that's being overly polite!)

Why, for pity sake is it now only possible to move two pieces in conditional move setting?? What a ridiculous backward step that is!
It has annoyed me so much I will likely not play here in future.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by silverbacked
only possible to move two pieces in conditional move setting??
Please provide more details, this sounds like a bug.

Moves
30 Apr 13
1 edit

I click on conditional moves & it says position 1 of 1, then I move a piece and it says 2 of 2, I move opponents piece & it says 3 of 3. I can then not move anymore pieces.

Also when i go to conditional moves there is one of each piece in each colour underneath the game board. What's THAT all about!??!

TM

rebel city

Moves
30 Apr 13

If I may say, I don't like this update at all. It is messy and confusing, the site overall does not look nice. I much prefer the previous site where I have been playing for years. Is it possible to return to the old RHP? Thanks.

rookorbycrook

Solihull

Moves
30 Apr 13

Easy...... alright russ love what you have done here.... mate can you tell me iphone 4s users using the rhp app games wont load im on safari 6 do i need to use a different browser?? but like what you have done here.......

Moves
30 Apr 13

OH FFS, It won't even let me move one pice now! Grrrrrrrr 🙁

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by rookorbycrook
Easy...... alright russ love what you have done here.... mate can you tell me iphone 4s users using the rhp app games wont load im on safari 6 do i need to use a different browser?? but like what you have done here.......
I'll be looking at the iPhone web app shortly - others have noted that it is not working since the update. By the end of today, most issues like this will be resolved. Timeouts have been suspended in the meantime.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Apr 13

OH FFS, It won't even let me move one pice now! Grrrrrrrr 🙁
This is a little strange, anyone else?

rookorbycrook

Solihull

Moves
30 Apr 13

@ silverbacked mate dont mean to have a go but would you use the feature conditional moves OTB ?? why are you so mad! its just chess its not like its the most important thing in life lol... you should go and put the kettle on and just relax dont let it annoy you

rc

Moves
30 Apr 13

its awesome, much faster and cleaner.

TM

rebel city

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its awesome, much faster and cleaner.
Yes I agree, now that I have overcome the shock of the change in looks, I notice it is a lot faster.

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by rookorbycrook
@ silverbacked mate dont mean to have a go but would you use the feature conditional moves OTB ?? why are you so mad! its just chess its not like its the most important thing in life lol... you should go and put the kettle on and just relax dont let it annoy you
I know it's not the most important thing in life but its annoying as I was really enjoying the games I was having and I use the feature all the time.
(I don't know what OTB means)
The kettle is on and I'll try to relax but it's like someone just broke my favourite toy! 😉

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Russ
This is a little strange, anyone else?
Am I the only one to experience this?

Who should I speak to for fixing the problem?

m

In attack

Moves
30 Apr 13

I know it's not the most important thing in life but its annoying as I was really enjoying the games I was having and I use the feature all the time.
(I don't know what OTB means)
The kettle is on and I'll try to relax but it's like someone just broke my favourite toy! 😉
OTB = Over the board.

Initial view, wtf. View after 10 minutes, I quite like this layout..

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
Yes I agree, now that I have overcome the shock of the change in looks, I notice it is a lot faster.
I can't claim any significant speed increase with this update*, but now the update is done, we can now look at our long overdue hosting review.

Due to the age of our servers now, the update will be significant when it happens in next few months.

Edit : For just site rendering, yes, it is faster.