Brand new subscriber?

Brand new subscriber?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rb

Behind the computer.

Moves
24 Feb 08

Hey guys! I just became a subscriber 😉... Now.. I did this to try to improve my chess, what should I do while I'm a subscriber?

i

Moves
24 Feb 08

Originally posted by range blasts
Hey guys! I just became a subscriber 😉... Now.. I did this to try to improve my chess, what should I do while I'm a subscriber?
tease non subs, remember.. youre on higher level now

enjoy 🙂

rb

Behind the computer.

Moves
24 Feb 08

lol... that's certainly nice.

t

Moves
24 Feb 08

You should join the clan The Gambit Whores

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Feb 08

Welcome.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
24 Feb 08

play in every tournament, join four super active clans, accept every game challenge, find out what it's like to have a thousand games and watch your rating crash . . .feel bad . . .. .get therapy . . .take antidepressants . . .swear you can quit any time . . .. pretend that you still have a life out there . . . . .deny deny deny . .. . . . but, most of all, play a ton of games

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
24 Feb 08

1) Set a self-limit number of games. This is a very important step. If you really want to improve your chess, you probably shouldn't play more than about 50 games at a time, but 30 is even better.

2) Watch out for game time controls. Whether you are considering joining a clan or a tournament, check to make sure the time controls are manageable.

3) Don't join more than two clans, and consider joining several smaller-banded tournaments (rather than fewer big-banded tournaments, where you will occasionally be swamped with games all at one time).

Have fun!

mxz

Moves
24 Feb 08

Both witty and coq give good advice.

As a new-ish subscriber I have to say the number of games I'm playing makes a big difference in my ability to learn. For example, if I am trying out a new opening line I may join an octet so I can try it out on several players of equal skill. If I want to try and focus on my midgame and work on some tactics I try and play less games.

The best advice I can give is to accept the game I just sent you =)

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
24 Feb 08

I enjoyed this site much more when I wasn't a sub. No because all features aren't cool but directly the opposite... Six games max, so you can keep your life and addiction under control... But now turneys, clans, unlimited games.... oh oh

s

Moves
24 Feb 08

First you need to make sure you have a cool avatar which strikes fear into you opponents. Otherwise your money is totally going to waste.

t

Moves
24 Feb 08

Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
First you need to make sure you have a cool avatar which strikes fear into you opponents. Otherwise your money is totally going to waste.
Or one that distracts them...

R
The Rams

Moves
24 Feb 08

Do NOT overload on games or you will find that you will get worse.

R
The Rams

Moves
24 Feb 08

Originally posted by coquette
play in every tournament, join four super active clans, accept every game challenge, find out what it's like to have a thousand games and watch your rating crash . . .feel bad . . .. .get therapy . . .take antidepressants . . .swear you can quit any time . . .. pretend that you still have a life out there . . . . .deny deny deny . .. . . . but, most of all, play a ton of games
basically opposite of this 😉

rb

Behind the computer.

Moves
25 Feb 08

Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
lol, very helpful... ^.^

rb

Behind the computer.

Moves
25 Feb 08

Originally posted by meta x zen
Both witty and coq give good advice.

As a new-ish subscriber I have to say the number of games I'm playing makes a big difference in my ability to learn. For example, if I am trying out a new opening line I may join an octet so I can try it out on several players of equal skill. If I want to try and focus on my midgame and work on some tactics I try and play less games.

The best advice I can give is to accept the game I just sent you =)
Sent me a game eh? Not recieved.. anyways, so keep the number of games down?